Tuesday, September 15, 2009

finding balance

I have tried to post pics now several times and it just isn't letting me.
So no pictures to share today.
You all know I do art/craft shows and have a little shop online. You all also know that this economy has been affecting people everywhere. I have been looking for part-time work for quite a few months now. The starving part of starving artist gets old after awhile. So here's the news, I found a job!
Since I kind of keep my personal info out of this blog, i will just say that i am into my second week and it seems to be a great fit. I deal with customers, answer phones and in the future may do a little sewing. The gals i work with couldn't be nicer or funnier. It seems we laugh half the day away.
It is also great that because it's part-time, I can still run my little sewing business, do the shows and still have time for family and farm. I am counting on my kids to help out around here more, but I think that's a good thing for them.
So if you don't see me much around here, its all good. I'm trying my best to figure out this new schedule and fitting everything important in.
I just hit spell check and got a no misspellings found. A first for me!

9 comments:

Joanna@BooneDocksWilcox said...

Sounds great Michelle, and good luck!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the new job! Now remember to please try and take some time for you too please! x

frugalmom said...

Hooray!!! I love that you were able to find a job that has pretty good hours AND people that you can laugh with...I know how much you like to laugh. :) AND where you may get to sew later??? Thats amazing.

Can you eat cake while youre working?

sugarcreekstuff said...

Frugalmom, I havent eaten any cake yet but yesterday i brought in an apple pie to share. But i think cake is allowed. :-)

Danni said...

Hi there, you...I love this post. Your description of what you've got going on sounds pertinear perfect for you...laughing, earning some $$, hanging with nice people, still having time to do the things you love to do...what could be better? Congrats on all that, Mishy. But just be warned, if we hear from you too infrequently, certain nagging (but very cute) gal pals will pop up to remind you to pay some attention to them. :-)

Anonymous said...

HA! Dorothy is sooo right. The nagging will commence shortly...I'm just sayin' :) (But NEVER from Agnes..she's too polite for that) lol Besides, we make ya laugh too right?! ;) Love ya girl and glad all is going well with the new job! <3

Barbee' said...

Michelle, I had trouble with Blogger not uploading photos recently. I was soooo upset. Then I noticed something. After I selected the photo and was ready to click the red "Upload Image" (which looked dim and more orange than red) I saw right beside it a line of tiny print something about the terms of service had been updated and there was a place to click telling them that I had read it. I went there looked it over then back and put a check in the little square, etc. then the Upload Image rectangle turned red again, and then it worked! Try to upload another photo then look there on yours and see if that tiny line message is there. If so check it and see if you can upload photos now.

I had fun playing with peeper.

Egghead said...

Congratulations on the job and I can't wait to hear more about your sewing and farm. Sounds like you will be pretty busy.

Rural Writer said...

Best wishes with your new job. I hope it all balances out for you. You do some fine work with the sewing.