Tuesday, October 20, 2009

I have countertops!


I have the day off so I put the canning stuff away.
I keep it in the basement when not in use, but from mid June (strawberry jam season) through mid October HERE IT SITS! My kitchen isn't tiny but it isn't huge either.
I like canning but i'm loving the wide open space.
With my new job, i didn't can as much as i usually do. The cool summer didn't help out the veggie growing either but we did eat a lot of fresh which is my main reason for gardening anyway.
I had an abundance of jalapenos so I made jalapeno jam. Mixed with cream cheese it makes an incredible cracker dip. Sweet with heat. mmm...


I'm still loving the job. I havent had to resort to fast food yet since the crock pot is now my new best friend in the kitchen. My kids have been helping out as well.
Another perk of the job, I missed that whole balloon boy crap and didn't find out about it until it was declared a hoax. So there's that.





My girl made this yummy frosted brownie the other night.
Its all gone now so I cant share. I'd say sorry but that would be a lie.
It was good.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know exactly what you mean about canning takes over the whole kitchen.
It sounds like you are balancing everything just fine.
I was hoping for a slice of your girl's yummy looking cake. Since I have been on a diet and gained weight a slice wouldn't hurt anything!
Oh, I don't think balloon boy crap is over just yet, though!!

Have a great day.

Joanna@BooneDocksWilcox said...

Will never end. I'm sure the Balloon family will get their own reality show, just what they were aiming for anyway.

Sounds like you are enjoying your job but I sure miss your blogging, I liked it when you were home. :-)

frugalmom said...

Hooray! I love a good, clean counter. And I can relate....we just recently put all out canning stuff away, too.

So, tell your girl that when I come to visit Id like a brownie decorated as lovely as that one. But please not with bats. They scare me.

Carla said...

I'm so glad you're enjoying your job! That is certainly worth it's weight in gold.

I was gonna ask if there was any of that creative brownie left, but I see you already answered that questions.

Rural Writer said...

Very creative brownie indeed! Someone could go into the brownie business I'm thinking. ;-)

& good deal you enjoy your job still. That always makes it lots nicer to go to work.