My son has been wanting a Lego Advent Calendar for x-mas for quite some time. We got the Lego catalog for this year and it showed a girl version too. Well they were out of stock. I explained that it wouldn't be fair for one kid to get one and not the other.
So I purchased 2 small Lego items, 2 snowman place mats ( wish I had a before photo), gathered all my Christmas fabric and scraps and made each child their own calendars.
Cutting the "pockets" with pinking shears made the assembly much easier. I used heat and bond on the fabrics for the numbers. It took a little over 3 hours to make both. I then put a few pieces in each pocket.
The snowman on the place mat was a pocket for silverware. It now holds the instructions for the Lego item to be opened on day 25. They don't know what the Lego is supposed to be. It is exciting to get a few new pieces each day.
They are having fun trying to figure out what to make with the pieces.
Not bad for mystery Lego's!

1 comment:
This is so cute!
Post a Comment