I have talked about my love of homemade bread.
I use these to make it a chewy, healthy bread.
I stir with a wooden spoon right at bedtime until everything is well mixed.
Cover it with plastic. It takes less that 5 mins.
In the morning after I get my family out, I stretch it out on a floured surface.
I cut off about 1/5 th of the dough.
I spread it out, then put on about 6 pepperoni.
Top with about 1/4 cup of cheese.
I use Ham and cheese too (my daughter loves). This photo is when I used the whole loaf for dinner. With a side of broccoli, it made a tasty meal.
Seal, put on sprayed or buttered pan, finish the rest and cover with plastic and wait 2 hours.
In the morning I grab one, put homemade Iced tea or juice in a recycled gator aid bottle (from soccer), a piece of fruit and a little goodie in a lunch bag. Super easy.
I figured out my cost for lunches at about $1 each. Our school lunches are $2.50, $3 if they get the extra treat, my hubbies lunch would be around $4. So by spending a little time I am able to save around $7 per day, $35 per week, $140 per month, you get the picture.
If you work during the day you can start the bread in the morning and do the rest after work, or do a big batch over the weekend.
I forgot to add that I have put in cinnamon and sugar, rolled it up and made cinnamon rolls. I have also put in ingredients for apple pie inside, it is deeeeeeliiiiiiishhhh.

2 comments:
That looks so yummy!!!
That looks delicious!
Post a Comment