First night, we had chicken, fried potatoes and green beans.
Night two my son had early soccer practice so we had to eat in shifts, cold foods work best. We had chicken salad wraps, pasta salad, and dilly beans.
The wraps consisted of shredded chicken, sliced celery, diced apple, Miracle Whip, mustard and a bit of salt wrapped in a tortilla.
I boiled the carcass and picked off the meat.
For tonight I plan on Chicken Hash and an apple spice cake.
Can you read my chicken scratch?
I bagged 2 chicken soup starters from the broth and meat to use this winter.
I shorten the word chicken with a CX, that was the code for chicken when I was a waitress. Old habits.
I try to get as many meals from one chicken or turkey as I can.
I discovered this little guy while picking beans. He won't be on the menu.
Are any of you having problems posting pics? I download them and instead of the picture, some typed gibberish shows up. Also I cant center the paragraphs. Is it just me?

7 comments:
Cool snakey!
Wow, that must have been one huge bird. Either that, or you're better at picking off every single morsel of meat than I am. Chicken hash---yum!
Ok, Can you save me a place at your cool retro dining table, please? I want to enjoy some of your yummy recipes!
I could totally read and understand the ingredients for the chix (I use a little different abbrev for chicken hehe. Close though)but I want to know what do with the ingredients. Do you cook them all together in a casserole or on the stove?
Let me know. I think I'll make this tonight. The apple cake sounds great, too. But we have no apples here. The late frost and hail storms did them in. And apples cost a fortune at teh store. Go figure! It doesn't feel like Fall without apples. wah!
What kind fo beautiful snake is that? Do they ever drop from the trees? That give me the willies. I think I prefer ground snakes, over tree snakes. Gah!
:)
~Lisa
Laughing Orca Ranch
New Mexico
Ceecee, the bird wasn't too big, I tend to use meat more like a condiment instead of a big portion. Saves money and we then eat more veggies, breads and pasta.
Twinville, I'll save a spot anytime.
For the hash I just start with the meat and broth in a skillet, add the potatoes, onions and celery as it's cooking, add the seasonings, stir. When most of the broth is cooked down, the veggies are done I add the "cream" which for me is a couple tablespoons of milk with some powered milk added in to make it thicker.
I like the one pan meals that you can add ingredients to make it the size for your family.
Fall without apples just doesn't seem right. I'm sure you get plenty of oranges and other fruits though.
I believe it was a baby gardener, it's the most common one around. I've never seen one in a tree, I was surprised to see this one hanging.
I have had issues with posting pictures off and on lately. I will try the chicken has recipe, just cooked up a chicken tonight. I was going to make a stew but that sounds better!
I use to be a waitress too!
Of course its just you. Its a conspiracy!
You got a lot outta that chicken. We have wraps similar to what you mentioned here at home. Minus the mustard and add cilantro.
Hey Michelle,
Thanks for giving me the lowdown instructions on the chicken hash. I'm going to make this tomorrow night.
It sounds so good!
I'll try to remember to tell you what my family's chix hash verdict is, too :)
Lisa
I do the same thing with a chicken and manage at least three to four meals usually including the one I use the soup stock from. It makes me feel so good to stretch it so far frugal as I like to be! :)
Post a Comment