Monday, February 9, 2009

It's been a week?

I don't remember not blogging for a whole week before, unless I had a good excuse. This is supposed to be my slow time work wise. Maybe that is my problem, I start doing the mundane around here and worry about it boring everyone. I didn't used to worry about that, if you read back on some of my early posts, zzzzzzzzzzzz. Knowing I have at least a handful of you reading my posts, frequently about chicken poop puts a little pressure on this gal.







One of those readers is the lovely Joanna who gave me The tree of happiness award.





I love her, she has been one of my nicest blog friends, she is a relatively new goat mama, and is the caregiver of the famous Franklin, who has had his picture in Backyard Poultry Magazine.









Then there is Erica ,who was kind enough to give me this award. She is a homeschooling hands on mom with adorable kids. Talk about being creative. Thank you for putting me in the same Kreativ category as you.










So with the tree of happiness, I need to put 6 things that make me happy. So easy, I have tons of things that make me happy, the tricky part is narrowing them down.






1. My little family of four. My hubby who is my best friend and partner in taking on the world, and my two wonderful kids who own my heart.






2. My home and land. I love being home and cant imagine a better place to live than where I am right now, and having land to grow things is the icing on the cake.






3. My chickens and gathering their eggs. Makes me just enough of a farm gal to make me happy.






4. Sewing and fabric, does that count as 2 things? You all know that I'd sell myself for fabric and having the ability to make things from said fabric that people actually want to buy is really a dream come true.






5. Hot baths. What more needs to be said?






6. Bloggers and the friends I've made through them. Having you guys to share and laugh with has made me feel truly thankful and happy.











*






On the creative front, i do need to show a couple things we have been working on around here.




The boy took apart his last pinball game, added more things and has a new and improved version. When he has it finished and filmed, I'll share it with you. It's really cool.


I have been working on sock pups for the shop, so my girl took a pair of her old holey socks and made a hippo and named it Shamrock. Once again no help from mom, and so clever.


We had warmer temps this weekend and got more finished on our floating dock. Now this is set on the ice in our pond and with the temps near 50*, we were walking in a couple inches of water. Tomorrow is supposed to get near 60*, I think we need to hurry.

Last but not least, here I am in real clothing (not jammies). I had a 8:30 meeting this morning for a potential sale of 10 bags. I don't want to talk too much and jinx it, but it will be a great opportunity and may lead to future sales.

8 comments:

Joanna@BooneDocksWilcox said...

Tell girl that the hippo is just darling. Al the critters y'all have created are splendid. I can relate your happiness items.

frugalmom said...

Wow! I cant believe how much progress has been made on the dock. It doesnt even look like a barrel reef any more. You guys are fast!

Ummm...am I allowed to say good luck on the bag deal? Cuz Im gonna. Good luck. Whatever it is...youll rock it.

Anonymous said...

Hey, nice dock! Cannot wait to push you girls offa it! ;)

Leasmom said...

How creative your husband and you are! Update us on the bags.

Egghead said...

You will do great on these bags. You are so talented. That dock is looking pretty darned cool. Oh and the hippo is so cute. Your daughter is taking after her mother.

Gone2theDawgs said...

What a darling hippo! Creativity definitely runs in the family!!

sugarcreekstuff said...

Thank again Joanna for this one. I'll pass the compliments on.

frugalmom, I didn't do any of the building but was a major player in the barrel placement.
thanks.

farm mom, good thing i love to swim. ;-)

Patrice Farmer, thanks we try.
I'll spill when & if its a go.

Egghead, you are always so nice, I'll tell my girl what you said.

Wrensong farm, I'll let her know, I wish I could've done half of what she does at her age.

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

So! What's the news on the bags?? How exciting. I just knew yo'd become a successful business woman!

Excellent idea for the floating dock. too. I look forward to seeing it in use this summer :)

Cute hippo! Whimsical creativity runs in the family, I'd say!
~Lisa

word verification: 'reelam'

'Reel am in!'