Monday, February 23, 2009

A whole lotta random stuff.


The lovely Angie from Children in the Corn gave me this award.




"This award acknowledges the values that every blogger shows in his/her effort to transmit cultural, ethical, literary and personal values every day."



So kind of her but my question is... Are you reading the same blog as me? The blog that almost never sticks to just one topic, the blog that during the time my spell check was out for months only posted words as difficult as cat, hat, mat, sat?




Knowing I am my own worst critic, I will just say "Thank You" and trust her judgement.



So in my typical writing "style", I'll show you what has been going on around here.



*



I have been in a bit of a slump in the art/craft department. This is the time of year when I should be cranking out the inventory for the summer and fall art/craft show craziness, but the winter grays have put my creativity into hibernation. Since i get the twitches if I go a week without touching my sewing machine, I did sew something.







See this chair?


No I didn't pick it out, it was a freebie. I pays to know a designer whose clients change their minds. Retail, a $900.00 chair, I got 2 of them!
I made a slipcover. Don't inspect it to close, I didn't have a pattern

(I wouldn't recommend doing it this way).
One down one to go.


*
We've been doing some spring cleaning. I know it isn't spring but we are trying our best to hurry it along.

Yes, the man likes to work in his jammies too.


*




T-bone barked furiously to let me know the car was parked in a different location. The funny thing is that we (T-bone and I) had just gotten home from grocery shopping, and he hopped out of the car from that spot. I wanted to park it in the sun to help melt the snow I couldn't reach under the wiper blades.



Speaking of grocery shopping, this weeks total was $33.25. I did spend $16.94 in scratch grain for the chickens ( I count it in the food budget). So my $50.19 total at least averages my $90 something from last week down to a more respectable number.


*



I got some free movies. Not to keep but to borrow.


Nothing was on tv, and I hadn't checked out any movies at the library for our Friday night game/movie night, so I boxed up a pile of our movies, had my brother do the same, and we had a movie exchange. As my brother was looking through our box, he kept repeating what a great idea it was. We'll trade back in a few weeks, but it is nice to have some different movies to choose from and no cash is leaving our pockets.


*



Uno and i have been practicing our falconry techniques.





What do you think?



5 comments:

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Awesome falconry! Uno is one special chicken :)

Thanks for sharing the video. I still haven't got around to figuring out how to take video on my camera. Maybe next year.....

~Lisa

warren said...

We're all about the cheap too! I like the funky chairs, btw...better hidden under a slip cover, but cool either way!

We have a couple of wingback...in our house, they are only for show though...I am a lazyboy kind of guy!

Anonymous said...

Yes girl, trust my judgement. :) And can I just say, I love a guy not afraid to wear jammies?! lol

Egghead said...

That is so funny. I love how she flies up to land on your arm. Wow! You have your groceries down to practically nothing. I have been working on that myself but we are nowhere near your level. It might help if we stopped feeding the four grandkids, the four adult kids (one who lives with us) and maybe the farmer. Ha ha! Well maybe I'll let the grandkids eat.

sugarcreekstuff said...

Laughing Orca, that little chicken cracks me up, but not when her feet are poopy.
My kids showed me how to take videos on my camera, sad but true.

Warren, I didn't mind the funky, they just clashed with the room I had them in. I'm a lazyboy kind of gal myself, but I'm not choosy when it comes to free things. :-)

Farm mom, you are the nice one. ;-)

Egghead, if I turn my back she lands on my shoulder or head (yikes).
I had to work to lower it down from last weeks high total. We do buy our meet once a year, it works out to about $10 per week, hubby hunts too so that helps the budget.