I was having suffering from sewers block at the tail end of winter. Needed to make something other than bags and was itching to make a quilt. The plan is to try to sell it at one of my summer shows.
Here is the other top, or bottom, before quilting.
Some of the fabric has sea creatures on it so I quilted it with watery swirls.
I love the puckery.

I finished binding it on mothers day.
Speaking of Mothers Day, the guys went to get Chinese take out while the girl and I made egg drop soup, hot tea and set the table for out Mothers Day lunch.
I finished binding it on mothers day.
I know that was forever ago, but this pic was on the camera when I down loaded the pics and I couldn't resist.
Thank you for all the birthday wishes to my girl.
She likes to decorate her own cake, she got her cake decor skills from me.

9 comments:
Beautiful Quilt! I love your swirl stitching. Such a work of art, it must be hard to part with after spending so much time making it.
I love the quilt and all the puckeryness of it!
What a great table! And what a fantastically (it's a word) decorated cake.
love the quilt and stiching. did you handstich it or use some sort of sewing machine? i am not familiar with quilting
That's an awesome quilt! Beautiful! Cool table and chairs too...My Aunt Marcelle had similar...very cool!
Girl, that is an awesome quilt! Just amazing. I'm so glad you had a good mommas day and your girl had a good bday. :)
Gorgeous quilt. I have my eye on one of your bags, and plan to purchase it next month when my finances permit. I have been watching it for ages, and praying someone else doesn't have the same idea. :)
What? Is that really all the details we get about the teen party held at your house? That cake is delightful and happy looking. I love it.
Your quilt has your signature style! I love the water swirls you used for stitching. Great idea.
Thanks Leslie, parting with things I make hasn't been hard for me, the thing I love is the process. And a girls gotta eat, right?
Mim, I always love pulling a new quilt out of the dryer, its hard to put the love of puckery into words.
Your fantastically is a great word for the cake. :-)
homemama, thanks. Luckily for me my mom has a long arm quilting machine that i can use, it makes quilting a large items a dream. I use my kenmore for smaller quilted projects.
Thank you warren. I found that table on the side of the road, I'm looking for roadside chairs now.
farm mom, you always say the nicest things. <3
Mo, thanks so much. If you really want a specific bag but don't see it, check with me because etsy items expire and i'd just have to renew it.
Farmgirl, no big wild teen party here, just the grandparents (they bring the best gifts) and a few cousins. Now if you were here, that would be a different kind of party.
That quilt is so pretty. Did you finally have that date with that long armed machine that youve been talking about since spring break? (somehow that just didnt sound right)
Post a Comment