Now that I am working, I no longer have the time or inventory to be in the Ann Arbor Art Fair, but I do still like to visit. Friday was my only day to go.
It was busy and HOT!
These tall sculptures spun in the wind.
I am always fascinated by this work.
THESE PEOPLE AREN'T REAL!
So amazing.
*
Most of the art is out of my price range but I did enjoy looking.
One block from the Art Fair is one of my favorite shops in Ann Arbor.
How can anyone resist walking in.
Even Fairies are welcome.
Even though Catherine (artist and owner) wasn't there, the gal helping out was sweet.
I bought a few gifts and caught the bus back to the parking lot.
While on the bus, the rain came down in buckets.
The bus driver swiped a car in the parking lot. Oops!
I was trying, sort of discreetly, to get a pic, keep my camera dry and run.
I was soaked to my bloomers when I made it to my car. My lens was steamy.
*
That evening, we got hit with quite a storm.
My hubby was watching our windmill from the front door. The wind yanked open the storm door. Not wanting to get his feet wet, he grabbed the door jam, leaned out to pull it shut.
Another gust of wind slammed the big door on his hand.
I drove him to the emergency room in our big suburban, avoiding downed trees and debris as we went.
Now I will warn you, the pics I took are quite gross. I made them small, you can try to enlarge them if that's your thing. I did find it fascinating.
Three hours later we were home.
That was my Friday.

3 comments:
Art show--good.
Hubby needing attention at the ER-bad.
Poor thing! He's going to lose those nails for sure.
I once separated the tip of my finger from its rightful place with a very sharp knife. I'm not the sort of girl that gets freaked out by bodily damage, but a hand injury gave me the willies. I couldn't watch them while they worked on my in the ER without the room spinning.
Wow, what an exciting day (and not all in a good way!) Glad your hubby is okay. That looks so painful!!!
The art show looks amazing.
Howdy from Iowa! Found your blog through Alma Stoller! Sorry to hear about the boo boo....but how lucky you are to have Red Shoes nearby to visit! Lucky, lucky!
Have a great day! Will be back soon! -dori from dreaming bear
Post a Comment