Monday, March 10, 2008

Random Ramblings

Sometimes my camera disappears for awhile, and when I download photos I get little surprises. Little Guinea Pig surprises, 14 photos in all.



Rascal (a.k.a Rat Face)
I'll spare you the other 13 pics.
This is my sewing area 3 days before a show. I don't create and clean at the same time.
Both the pinball machine and table are buried in fabric. Not to mention scraps on the floor.
Speaking of my show, I'm getting a little freaked about now. I always get freaked/excited about my shows but this is a more freaked/worried. This isn't a craft show, I was told I wasn't going to do well because of it (thanks mom). So I don't know how I'll do, I'm sort of used to it because this isn't work that guarantees anything. I have had great shows and crappy shows. I just don't go back to the bad ones but good or bad I've learned something at each one, met talented people, and if things were easy at each one then I don't think I'd appreciate the good ones as much.
I just don't want to get a "real" part time job until I've made a good go at this.
I was asked to be in this show by a local promoter, only 1 of 6 artists, so I was flattered just to be asked, and this woman has been so kind to me in the past, the rent was almost nothing so I figured why not? So even if I don't do well the only thing I'm really out is time. The bags I made specifically for this show I can load on etsy or save them for the next show.
Ok, now I'm starting to feel a bit better. So today I'm labeling, boxing up and not freaking.
I need to clean out the Monster Truck tomorrow, supposed to be warmer, 40 degrees. Winter is hard on the cleanliness of the interior of my vehicle. Then if there is time I'll sew some more.
I made 20 more tissue packs last night!
I'd better get back to work, thanks for listening.

1 comment:

farmerjulie said...

hi..love your area...that is what mine looks like right now! its good for me to see others mess..i think i am the only one!
have a great day!!