I cleaned the kitchen, then made bread, 2 for loaves for the weekend one for Friday Pizza night.
Cut some potatoes and set them out to toughen for planting this weekend.
Hung laundry. I don't like to do laundry on the weekends (family project time).
Went for a 5 mile bike ride with my sister.
I can really feel the 10 lbs I gained over the winter going up the hills.
I planted 140 onion sets.
Turn your head to see the photo properly, oops.
Last year I put a pot on the porch with fake eggs to encourage the hens who prefer not to lay in the coop an alternative place, Freckles was taking advantage of the porch pot. Brownie just laid another. Two eggs in the porch pot in one day, cheap thrills for me.
I loaded another chick bag on my etsy shop.
After i loaded it i discovered this photo had my laundry and chickens out the window. Oh well at least buyers know I don't make these in a factory.
Not bad, I still have a half hour left till the bus shows up. I'd better finish that pizza.
The kids have soccer tomorrow and if the weather is good, its family yard/garden work weekend.
I hope you all have a wonderful weekend.
michelle

7 comments:
Hey, I recognize that bag! :-) I'm looking at mine right now. Whenever I get home now, it gets hung right over our stair bannister in our main hallway. I think it looks really cute there - I'll have to ask the rest of the family what they think. I also need to take a picture of it! :-)
I *love* the fact that your hens lay there eggs in a terra cotta pot. That is adorable. And, good work today, Michelle - you deserve to sit down for a while. :-)
Hope you have a sunny weekend. We're getting weather warnings all over the place for a drop back to mid-January temperatures and possibly 3" of snow. Can you believe it?? Here, in temperate Oregon?? :-(
Love that Chick Bag!
hehehe. The pic of the fashionable chick bag with the colorful undies hanging to dry made me smile, as I'm sure it will for those who order from you, too.
And the smiling onion row marker is such a cheerful thing to have in your garden. Did you make that?
Hey! I made homemade icecream for the very first time using my Kitchen Aid ice cream bowl and mixer that I received for V-Day this year.
I made a Ben & Jerry's Vanilla recipe and it turned out scrumptious!
I can't wait to try making peach ice cream when our peaches finally grow and ripen on our peach tree!
And I'm also making yogurt for the first time today, too.
It's so satisfying making your own food, isn't it?
I had no idea that potatoes are grown from peeled and cut taters. How simple is that! I must try that.
You had me giggling with your Chicken Porch Pot idea. The girls obviously approve! hehe
farmgirl- I hang my chick bag on my stair banister too. potty dreams, purse hanging on stair banisters, whats next?
I also love my porch pot. The girls get nervous if there is too much traffic (dog, people) and will leave, but I get so happy to see a hen setting there. I feel like a total country girl.
After all that work and biking my legs at the end of the day were throbbing and in pain. i felt like such a wuss.
If the weather went west I'd send you some of ours. It's still beautiful.
Nasty Wench- Since you are such a crafty girl, your compliment means so much. Thanks
Twinville-my undies hanging in the breese can make anyone smile, they are just that powerful.
My mom and her husband made the onion marker and tons more! I'll have to post my garden as I plant it with all of them. They are the craftiest couple I know and I get tons of their creations.
I have Ice cream envy, I got a model that you freeze the base, add ingredients and spin. I have never used it though because I never think of buying cream ahead of time. Now I am planning on it for sure.
I have made yogurt in a canning jar on a heat pad. It worked out well, to sweeten it I used jam, A LOT of JAM. It was good though.
On the potatoes, I just cut them (not peeled) leaving at least one eye per piece. You get more that way, at least that's what I hear.
Some of my girls liked laying elsewhere and although easter egg hunts are fun, you just don't want to do it every day. It took awhile for them to trust the pot, but with the fake eggs there it encouraged them, only a few actually use it, but it's so fun.
Oooh! I can't wait to see the crafty things your Mom and hubby have made for your garden.
I'm in love with tha cute onion row marker.
I would feel like you sitting there with ahen laying in a pot. What a country girl you really are!So fun!
I may try my hand at growing potatoes this yer, now that you've piqued my interest. How long until they grow potatoes to harvest?
The yogurt turned out really well, a bit tart to eat plain, but I read that's because it's so fresh and unsweetened, unlike the storebought yogurt.
We added a heap of honey this time and my kids and I devoured it! I think I will need to make homemade yogurt on a daily basis, especially once we bring home a dairy goat! hehe
I just got a bread machine and about to go buy all the stuff to make bread. I should have a fortune in my first loaf.
I love the chick bag. When I get home I will have to check your etsy site out.
Great pictures.
twinville-I'm not sure exactly how long it takes potatoes to grow start to finish, but during the growing season you can reach down into the soil and pull up "new" potatoes and eat. For mature ones you have to wait until about 2 weeks after the plant dies, then harvest.
Glad to hear about the yogurt. i made cheese from it, put a cloth in a collander, pour yogurt in, set it over a bowl and cover. It turns out more like a cream cheese but if you add different spices or sweet things, it makes a great spread for crackers.
ga farmgirl- I use my bread machine often, especially if I'm out all day. But most times I use the recipe (with grainy add ins) from http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E68iNfRHBpI or just go to utube and type easy bread.
I even add ham and cheese, pepperoni and cheese before the last rise and makes a great dinner bread, and lunchbox "sandwhiches".
Thanks for the props on my chick bag.
Post a Comment