Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Houston....

...we have Jam.





I made quite a few things from the raspberries from my last post.




I love raspberry jam but have elderly people in my life that don't care for the large amount of seeds. Squish and spin, squish and spin.


Luckily the girls in my life love the seeds.


One evening of picking equaled 4 pints of Jam, one pie and a 2 cup portion for muffins in the freezer. I am hoping to get at least one more batch but my time is severely limited in the next week and a half.

Mo from Green Desert, http://desertingreen.blogspot.com/,

tagged me for the 6 random things that's going around blog land.

I've just recently been getting to know Mo, she's a mom of 2 (like me) , lives in Phoenix (I lived there a few years as a kid and one summer while working for Braniff Airlines) and is blogging of all things frugal and enviro friendly.

So here goes...

1. I am a big cry baby, anything that touches my heart makes me juice up. Commercials, movies, whenever Pa had those deep meaningful conversations with Half Pint and he juiced up, I'd always lose it.

2. I got my first sewing machine when I was about 20, I was an aerobic instructor and waitress and used my tax refund check for my trusty Kenmore and a pair of Reebok's because my coworkers said I'd ruin my feet with my converse high tops.

3. I'm 1/2 German, 1/4 Irish, 1/8 Dutch and 1/8 French Canadian. The only foreign language I speak is piss poor Spanish.

4. I frequently have chicken crap on some part of my body. If you have chickens and like to pick them up then you know what I'm talking about.

5. Free is my favorite word.

6. I am a huge procrastinator. For example: I have the biggest Art Show of my life on Wednesday, a vacation weekend starting tomorrow (awful timing) and I am sitting here blogging. What the??

I know I'm supposed to pass this on to 6 other people but I have way too many bloggers that i want to get to know better, so if you are reading this, consider yourself tagged.



I'd better quit sitting and get some things done.

4 comments:

magnusmog said...

good luck with your show :)

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

I've been afraid to reply to this post. I avoid those tagging games like the plague.
I've actually never had to do one. hehe
I did enjoy learning more about you, though. We have quite a bit in common, I see.
I'm always noticing chicken poo on me, too.
Is that Bandit in that last photo? How are those babies doing? She is the prettiest chicken!

Oh my! That raspberry jam is making me drool!
Nothing is growing here. Our temps have been down to the low 50's for the past couple weeks due to our monsoon season. Getting some good rain, mostly drizzles, but our days are usually cloudy and cold.

I'm so depressed that our peach and apricot trees seem to be affected by that last late freeze we had in late May. And it appears that we'll have no orchard fruit this year, probably not even apples. I'm so bummed.

Anyway, I can't wait to read more about your shows and all of the hoopla and excitement. I know they will be a success for you, thoug. :)

sugarcreekstuff said...

Thanks magnusmog! I need all the positive vibes I can get.

twinville-I don't mind being tagged, I just have a hard time tagging.
That was Susan in that photo, she is very shy, her feathers look like she went through the blender but she was so sweet just sitting on the deck like that.
I'll update some baby pics.

I feel bad about your growing season. Our apples aren't doing well but most everything else is kickin!

I am getting really nervous about the show, it cost tons to get in and I hope it pays off.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for doing this Sugarcreekstuff! It was great reading your random things.

Hope you are getting back into the swing of things after the art fair. We just got back from vacation and are still in complete disarray. I am also procrastinating over the mess right now! :)

I am so wanting to get a couple of chickens in the fall but feel a bit daunted right now. I love reading all your chicken "news"!