I woke up with a migraine, the kind that started in my eye where while looking at a face, an orange blur covered half of the face. The eye thing lasted till about noon. Then the pain in the temples lasted till 6pm. In the mean time Hubby covered all three meals, cleaned the kitchen and completely cleaned out the refrigerator. He took out and discarded all science experiments, old dressings and sauces, and well past usable produce. This not buying each other anything for our birthdays is one of the best things. I mean my fridge looks brand new and i didn't have to lift a finger!

Lookie, it's perfect!
*
While waiting for my headache to pass, I reclined in my chair, dozing every now and again, I watched a PBS marathon called "The War". All about WWII. Wow, learned more things than ever about that time, heard personal stories, and reconfirmed that war is hell. It ran from 11am to 8 pm. I am truly glad my headache was today and not during yesterdays craft show.
I was pretty worried ahead of time about the economy and sales. This show is what usually pays for Christmas. I hoped we wouldn't have to resort to an imaginary Christmas this year.
I shouldn't have worried. The show was great, people were kind and my sales were the best yet! I sold twenty something bags including both of the llamas and the skull bag I made this week. I also sold 2 more chicken bags.
I had put a roast in the crock pot that morning, I came home to a hot dinner and a clean house, hubby and kids cleaned for me!
I am a very lucky wife and mom.
Not a bad birthday, I got to feel great about contributing to the family income, Hubby cooked and cleaned for me and I got to lazy around ALL DAY!
24 comments:
Happy Birthday! :) Glad the show went so well too.
Oh...happy, happy birthday to you!
(Birthday hug from Oregon)
I'm so sorry about the migraine - my husband suffers from those, too, and they literally knock him flat.
That is very exciting about your show - and it doesn't surprise me a bit. You are extremely talented and you've got a cool product. Yay you!
I am concerned, though, about the Quaker Oats in your refrigerator. Should I have been refrigerating my oats all these years and didn't know?
And, good god, please tell me those aren't brussel sprouts in that blue bowl there. Blech.
(Bet you were just waiting for all of us to analyze the contents of your fridge, weren't you?) ;-)
Seriously, though, warmest, happiest birthday wishes to you!
P.S. One more thing..true story: I laughed out loud when I saw your egg cartons. I put numbers at the ends mine, too!
Thanks Mo!
farmgirl, years ago i had a can of oats sitting awhile and when I opened it there were buggy webs in it. So now when I buy oats, they go straight in the freezer and after I open it, fridge time. I've never heard I should or anything, I just didn't want to risk leaving it out.
No brussel sprouts, my hubbie ran to the store today for lazagna ingredients and picked up a bag of salad. I know bagged salad goes against everything homesteady, but I was so grateful for the meal he planned and I loved every bite.
Analyze away, did you see the jar of bacon grease?
Thank you for the birthday wishes, another year older and wiser, I hope.
You have to # the egg cartons for rotation purposes and to age some for hard boiled eggs. Doesn't everyone with chickens do that?
I am glad you had a good show but I loved that green llama bag.
I don't number my cartons but take a pencil and put the date on the end of the egg. I don't know why.
I am sorry about your migraine. I have never had one and hope I never do.
Happy Birthday from Washington.
And only Danni would analyze the contents of your fridge. I will never show her mine.
Wait a minute...how long do you age them for hard boiling? I'm tired of losing all my white.
Woot Woot! Happy Birthday and congrats on a great show. How could they not buy the llama bags...seriously.
Mmmmm...brussel sprouts. I saw those(what I also thought were brussel sprouts) and was gonna tell you that you should have Danni over for dinner the night you eat those....she really loves those. Really. Dont let her fool you.
Migraines...those are no good. My husband gets them every now and again and hes out cold for hours....sorry to hear that you had to go thru that.
Happy Birthday!!!
Sounds like you got a good hubby there. Congrats on the show.
Migraines suck, sorry you get them.
Wish I had known about the WWII marathon, dang!
Hey Danni; what's in your fridge?
Oh yeah, Very cool pumpkin with the osage orange in its eye. Looks very painful.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MICHELLE!!! I'm sorry to hear about the migrane, but otherwise it sounds like the perfect couple of days! Congrats on the show!
Happy Birthday Michelle. I'm glad it turned out pretty great :)
~Lisa
Happy Birthday!!! Glad you had good sales and could relax on your birthday.
Happy Birthday to You!!! One year wiser!
I love your birthday present---a clean fridge and house. I want one!
Such wonderful news about the show. You should be proud.
Eggs--back when my girls were all laying on a regular basis, I just penciled the dates on the eggs. Of course, when I had more than a dozen, I'd number cartons. That didn't always work though---folks would take eggs out of the 'wrong' carton and put eggs in the wrong carton too.
Hi Goatgirl, I love making those llama bags, now I have an excuse to make more.
Thanks for the birthday wishes.
I let my eggs for hardboiling sit about a week, some still sticks a bit but a lot less than fresh.
Thanks frugalmom, I actually liked brussel sprouts as a kid (don't tell Danni). I haven't had them as a grown up though, but when I do, I expect Danni to be there and I'll share.
Luckily I only get the whopper Migranes about twice a year. Usually when I'm overtired and stressed, yep, I think it's my body telling me to sit and veg.
Greywolf, Thank you so much, I do have a great Hubby, I am lucky that he loves me.
I didn't know about the WWII marathon, just stumbled across it. That 9 hours wasn't even all of it! I'm not sure when the rest of it airs. I think if you go to PBS.com or something, you may be able to see when/if it is playing in your area. It is worth watching. It was horrific and touching all at the same time.
I imagine Danni s fridge beautiful and sparkling and when you open the door, angels fly out.
I'm glad you liked my pumpkin, I called it "bar fight". :-) We have tons of the osage oranges on our road. We love using them to enhance our pumpkins.
Farm mom, luckily the headache gave me a good excuse to sit. Thanks for the birthday wishes.
Thanks Lisa, and thanks for the llama suggestion AGAIN! :-)
Thanks Patrice Farmer, I love your last name!
Thanks Ceecee, I don't know what Hubbie could have bought me that I would have loved better. I think all wives should get a clean fridge/house and meals for their birthdays.
I do most of the egg management in the house, I explained the system to the Sunday morning breakfast maker and so far it is working well.
Wow. Angels flying out huh? I for sure must have opened the wrong fridge while I was there. I bet it was the other one. I mean, her fridge and her freezer look exactly the same...that must have been it...but I bet when I open the right one there will be angels.....little chicken angels with halos.
Happy birthday! Maybe the migraine was worth it..ive never seen my fridge that clean....glad to hear about the show...I have one for 3 days next week and ive been working like crazy..only to worry im going to haul it all there, and have to haul it all back
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!
Glad you sold lots of goods!:)
That was sweet of your family to clean house and have dinner ready for you.
Sorry I'm late but Happy Birthday! You are right between my new neice and my fav brother. LOL
I was wondering if you had any tips on setting up an Etsy shop? Wanna do a post about that? Or shoot me an email? Thanks.
Happy belated birthday! I love your blog and your handmade bags.
You all crack me up about the little chicken angels that fly out of Danni's fridge. She is so neat and organized. Puts me to shame. My housekeeping is more "relaxed" and "free-form". Ha!
My hens don't give me eggs anymore, but when they did, I kept track of the dates too. Aging the eggs for about a week usually works for me to make the hard boiled ones peel easily.
I buy organic oatmeal in bulk and store it in big glass jars, with tight fitting lids, on my pantry shelves.
Happy Belated birthday (even if it didn't start out so grand)!
Happy belated birthday! Love your blog and just visited your etsy shop and those chicken pillows are too stinkin' cute! Etsy is a great place to be, I have a place there also!
Happy Birthday (belated) I have a Nov b-day too....mine's the 10th. I get migraines too...though they seem to be getting fewer the older I get. Sounds like you have one great husband! I'm glad the show went well, how could anyone resist your whimsical bags? I know I couldn't...I probably would have bought you out....good think I don't live close....:)
Happy Birthday! Congrats on a great show. The day after is always the best. I mean, if you don't have a headache.
I am glad you had a good show. I am doing a show the first week in December. I hope I do as well!
Sorry you were sick on your birthday.
Your bags are great, are you doing any shows soon in the area? And if not do you sell them online?
Great stuff and love the blog!
Sorry I have been neglectful with my computer this week. Thank you all for the birthday wishes.
Good luck on your show catherder.
inadvertent farmer, thanks, I'll have to check out your shop!
Happy birthday Wrensong farm.
Canning tomatoes, thanks! my next show is dec 5th, friday from 5-11 in Saline. I do have an etsy shop, you can get to it through my blog.
Post a Comment