I hope you all had a nice Thanksgiving. I'm a kid of divorce so I'm used to traveling from house to house, toss in a husband and his family, well you can guess that holidays are never spent in one place or very relaxing. I'm used to it so no big.
We had Thanksgiving breakfast at my sisters house for my Mom, she is only 2 miles down the road and my kids love it there. For my Dad, around the corner at 2:00 for lunch/dinner, linner?
Cooking was easy for me, pie crusts for quiche and bread started for home made rolls the night before, then up early to finish it all.
Saturday was at my MIL's for another linner. My Hubbie and Son had Hockey at night, so that was only a few hours spent there.
My MIL had a birthday on Wednesday so of course I had no gift to bring on Saturday morning. You guessed it, the queen of all things last minute had to run downstairs to the sweat shop and come up with something.
So I made her an art quilt. My MIL happens to be the Queen Mother of her Red Hat group so her snow lady needed a red hat with purple gloves. I know this picture is at a weird angle because I was trying to get the light from the window and not shade it too much with my giant head.
My MIL is also the queen of shopping, so I have to get creative and come up with things she doesn't already have. She really liked it.
*
My last craft show if the year is this Friday night, http://sites.salineschools.com/users/olsonb/,
so if you don't hear from me much this week, it isn't cause I don't love you. ;-)

7 comments:
Oh I love MIL's art quilt especially since it has the red hat and she's in the red hat club. Receiving homemade stuff doesn't compare to getting ole store-bought stuff.
Approx March '09, I'll be ordering a new chick bag (or turkey or goat or barnyard). The one I have from you, I'll have been carrying for a year. I've gotten so many compliments you can't imagine. They always ask if I made it, I reply, "no, but a fellow chicken buddy did."
That looks great! Have a great time at your show....Im sure everything will go wonderfully.
Great quilt! You are such a talented woman! I love your creativity. :)
I am a child of a couple divorces so I hear you there! I loved your MIL's present, you are very crafty. Some day I'll learn to quilt, first I must learn to be patient. Linner is a good one!
Oh wow! That snow lady is just so cute! Will you be making more of those snow people for sale?
I'm think they'd also be so adorable as pillows, too.
That's alot of Linners you've been enjoying. I think it would be great not to have to cook at home all the time. Hubby and I are only children and both his parents are deceased, and my Mother died when I was little, so our family is small and our gathrings are laid back, small and fairly quiet (as much as they can be with three kids! lol)
Like Joanna, I get many wonderful comments on my chicken and llama bags, as well as my feed bag bags. We use them for everything...grocery bags, book bags, fleece bags, carry-alls. Love them!
After the holidays we'll set up when I should send those chicken feed bags for you to make for me.
And I want to know if you can design a paint horse bag for me, too. You did such an awesome job on the llama bags, I know you'll knock my socks off with a horse bag. And I know they'll be popular, too. :)
Have a great time at your show.
~Lisa
New Mexico
You just whipped that up! I love it! Make more of them for your show! You are indeed, an artist.
Quick gift...good job!
Post a Comment