Well not literally.
I get nervous before a show, especially one I haven't done before. I have that jittery, sweaty armpit feeling. The good thing is, jittery means energy. The bad thing is I have sweaty armpits.
Here's what I've been working on.
I made a fun funky chicken bag.
Yep, the chicken is a pocket.
A couple of green patchworks.
so I made a few more.
Now you may be asking yourself what is a rapidly approaching middle age, bordering frumpy, farm lovin gal is doing making skull bags.
I got a skull remnant and chopped off the heads, it's like playing paper dolls except with fabric and they sell. Plus they are fun to make.
I also found this cub scout shirt at the thrift shop, so I made another bag.
Linda Lum Debono fabric that she sent me last month, thanks again Linda, http://lindalumdebono.blogspot.com/, for the lining inside. I added my label and it's ready to go.
Now I like the bags I make, otherwise I wouldn't be able to make them. Sometimes though I end up making a bag, intending on selling it and I just can't. I WANT TO KEEP THIS ONE! It is speaking to me.
It also goes with the scarf I made last year.
This is bad, I NEED to sell things, not keep them.
Money vs. New Bag, hmmm.
The kids may end up with an imaginary Christmas this year.

12 comments:
You have the most wonderful imagination! I say keep the bag, it's obvious it was mean't to be yours!!
I love your bags! All of them. I'm with you, I would absolutely keep that bag. After all it does go with the scarf.lol... Now, start working on that Christmas speech about Santa got stuck at the North Pole.
Great job!
Have a good day.
Pam
Beautiful things you've created, all.
And I agree with Wrensong. It's obvious this bag was made from your heart's imagination...it's yours. It was made just for you. If it brings you joy, it is meant to be.
If you sell it, you'll always regret it. :(
Just make another skull bag to sell. You can never have enough of them! :)
My dear friend in SC, the one I gave your gorgeous, large, colorful skull bag to for Mother's Day last year, just adores her bag. She gets comments and compliments all the time.
Ironically she's not some young hip teenager, or whatever type might be thought of to buy a skull bag. No. She's a 40 something cool chic of a lady, a fellow homeschooling Mama, who just has a beautiful creativity, enjoys Dia de Los Muertos, and has very good taste. :)
That Anna Maria Horner bag is to die for! You will have no troubles selling that bag. I bet it will be one of your first bags sold.
Best wishes at the show. Sell lots of lovely bags. And most of all. Have fun!
~Lisa
New Mexico
Just found your blog via Wrensong Farm. I love it! I had to go to your Etsy store and then OF COURSE I had to buy the llama bag. I love llamas! That's why I have 3 of them. Will be visiting again!
Michelle! you've made all those darling chick bags! Like I said, I want another one in March. However, I keep eyeing that snow/snowwoman scene for your MIL, I sure would like to have that if it had a farm animal or two on it. We get a lot of snowfalls here so it would match the season. You know I like the style of bag like the first one you listed, across the shoulder, keeps hands free. And yes, I need the front or rear pocket for keys.
Love your cute new banner photo...you are so clever! :-)
Boy, you have been busy, haven't you? The stuff looks great - and the skull bags make me giggle. I love the top one with the pink skirt on. What every well-dressed skull this season is wearing... :-)
Too bad about the kids' imaginary Christmas, but when a bag calls, you just have to answer!
So I hate to be a pest, but what's up with the gmail?
Thanks Wrensong Farm, I think I'll keep it.
Ga.farmwoman, thanks so much. What a great idea to come up with a good lie ahead of time, it sounds more convincing that way. ;-)
Laughing Orca Ranch, you are always so kind with your comments.
It's funny that of all the Skull bags I've sold, not one was to someone you'd think would buy a skull bag. One elegant lady was in her 60's!
Thanks for the well wishes at the show, it means a lot.
Claire, I'm so glad you stopped buy. Your comment cracked me up. I'm so glad you liked the llama bag. (Lisa from Laughing Orca gets credit for the start of those)
I'll get it in the mail tomorrow.
Thanks for the order. :-)
Joanna, now you have the gears in my brain working overtime. I'll start working on some ideas after the show.
Farmgirl, those skulls have better outfits than me! I did make one that was wearing jammies and holding a pillow, that's pretty close.
One year when we had an imaginary Christmas, the girl got a Pony and the boy a Go Cart!
I promise I'll get on that gmail next week when my pits aren't so sweaty.
I like the cub scout bag, I doubt you will be coming home with it.
I'll say good luck at the show but you won't need it...All of your creations are works of art.
Best of Luck at the show.
It's really too bad this whole holiday thing means focusing on other people...I would LOVE to buy myself any skull bag of yours! They're very cute! And the chicken bag is GREAT!
See, I like to use my purse as my work bag too, which means I have to carry my planner and client charts in there. I need tall enough without being super wide and open, yk?
I WILL treat myself one of these days!
Your work is wonderful and quirkly. Hope you sell lots.
Okay...wait. Is there another llama lover to add to the mix? Am I now gonna have to like camp out in line to get my next one? Really. I mean it doesnt surprise me at all....seeing how great the llama bags are, but...but...sigh...fine. I can share.
Maybe.
Love that chickie hand bag! How creative!
Post a Comment