Thursday, December 11, 2008

Reluctant Tour Guide

Enough with the sewing and talk about shows, I know you need to see what's been happening with Hammy.


Hammy is my Silver Spangled Hamburg Roo that has a huge comb that reminds me of a desert flower.
Also who I suspect is daddy to Uno.
Normally he likes to chill in the winter run with the girls.

Other times he LOVES it when I catch him and get all paparazzi in his face.

He really isn't being shy, he's just showing off that big beautiful comb.

*

He's not all looks though, he can be a big help around here.



He's great at hauling in firewood.



Making sure other roosters are wooden.




Playing Vanna to my new bag.



He loves to help trim the tree.
This is one of our new tacky lights http://sugarcreekstuff.blogspot.com/2007/11/random-musings.html from this years garage sales. .25 cents, boo-yah.


He also likes the cactus ones I found for $2 at the thrift shop, since his head is all cactus-y.





After all that work, he really likes just hangin' with T-Bone,
thinking guy thoughts.



He mostly like to show his girlfriends the best place for a dirt bath.



Jacuzzi anyone?

13 comments:

Mim said...

He sure is handsome and quite the show off too.

country girl said...

What a beauty. His comb really does look like a desert flower.

Anonymous said...

I love Hammy. He sure likes to ham it up for the camera, doesn't he.lol...
I keep seeing all these new fangled chickens and now I want them all. I may have to see about adding on to the chicken house!

I like that picture of Hammy and T-Bone. What a good boy T-Bone is for not having chicken for supper!

Great pictures.
Have a good day.
Pam

Latane Barton said...

What an adorable rooster. He's a hoot.

Joanna@BooneDocksWilcox said...

great blog today Micelle, love the tour with Hammy, I had to send a fellow blogger and chicken lover over here.

Amy said...

I love Hammy! Bring him over to play with Silver. I know they'll have a great time together.

Anonymous said...

Wow!! That is some comb! He is a handsome guy. I cannot believe you got him to sit still for all that! Our hamgurgs were the flightiest birds ever. He's truly a special guy!! :)

Claire MW said...

Hammy is very handsome, but not NEAR as handsome as my beautiful new llama bag from you! Thank you so much! It is fabulous, and I can't wait to start taking it shopping with me. I think it's very creative and I love its "fleece" and its eyes. Perfect - even better than the pictures on Etsy could show. And than you for the tissue holder too - I always carry them in my purse, and now this will stop the little packet from getting all torn to pieces in less than a week!

sugarcreekstuff said...

Mim, he is handsome, he prefers to be left alone.

Hi Country Girl, thanks for stopping by. I'd never seen a comb like that before, I love it.

ga.farmwoman, Hammy was our "free exotic chick" from McMurry. I for sure wouldn't have ordered a Roo but he's grown on me.
T-Bone knows the chickens are his to protect, and to help herd in at night. The woodchuck in the barn wasn't so lucky.

Hi W.Latane Barton, thanks so much, I was amused, he was annoyed.

Joanna, thanks, I like meeting new bloggers!

Amy, Your Silver is also a looker. Hammy tends not to play nice with my 2 other roos. It's funny because he's much smaller. But just imagine the pics we could take together.

farm mom, He is a flighty bird, it is just I have these amazing animal skills. Crackin myself up. He really didn't sit still, I was hanging on to him with the death grip, and I think he was about to pass out from fright. I actually was only able to grab him because he was doin the nasty with one of the hens and wasn't watching me sneak up. (i need therapy)

Claire, Yay! I'm glad it made it and you like it. My photo skills make my stuff look crappier than in person. ;-) What can I do.
You made my day with your comment. I love a happy customer!

frugalmom said...

Hes totally looking at that parrot on the tree....and is like man, you got it pretty good...getting to hang out in here all day roosting on this here tree.

And I see you have another happy llama bag lover. sigh. I love my llama bag.

Anonymous said...

This post was hilarious. I love chickens and roosters really top that list. His comb is gorgeous. We gave away our chickens in preparation for our move and I miss them so much.

goatgirl said...

HaHaHa...I have a thing for chicken combs and Hammy's is the best I've seen. Wonder what he was really thinking when you posed him all around.

CatHerder said...

Oh too cute. I love the pic with the Christmas tree!