Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Another trashy project.

This time of year I start nesting. The holidays are past, we are still months away from spring planting and my art/craft shows. I may as well take advantage of being cooped up.



Do any of you remember my project from last year to help me be organized in shipping out etsy orders? It worked great, but wasn't perfect. I had too much stuff left on the top that was getting in my way.






Well, do you remember this project? The part where I hung an old dresser on the wall for the girls to nest in (works great btw). I lack the skill of tossing things that may someday be turned into some thing useful. I also lack the skills to stick to one topic without going off on a tangent and rambling it seems.


So I saved the drawers from that project, I did toss the one that fell apart.

I painted one, hung it on the wall and filled it with the practical things for shipping and treasures too.

The den is a mix of practicality and our art.

There are still some blank spaces waiting to be filled.

I can"t explain how happy this one little change makes me.

6 comments:

Carla said...

I love homemade art. My kids art lines the walls of our stairway. Great looking work on your project. It's so good to look at something and know you've made a change for the better.

Anonymous said...

I know just what you mean about home projects making you feel happy. I always feel the same way.

Leasmom said...

What a great way to use the drawers!

GreyWolf said...

Doesn't look trashy to me. It looks very practicle and usefull. A very "Green" idea.
Creative minds are always full of the clutter of new ideas and are always saving things that might be useful.

Egghead said...

What a great idea for those drawers. I think it always feels so good to organize even if it doesn't last long.

frugalmom said...

I love that you reused those drawers! All that organizing potential.....