Wednesday, January 14, 2009

The power of suggestion.

I have this terrible thing,
if someone talks about a certain kind of food, I see a commercial, smell an apple pie candle (you who burn those things in your home with no real apple pie to serve are just cruel), anything really, well I want to eat it or a close enough version. I want to eat it then or by my next meal or sometime in the near future. My brain wont rest until my taste buds are satisfied.


Danni showed these amazing cinnamon rolls, that did it.


Sadly I had no starter or the patience to wait it out so I had to improvise.


I use this bread recipe, for all things bread. I add extra grains and flax seed for a healthier version. It works for bread, bread sticks, pizza dough, pepperoni or ham & cheese pockets, or even my version of...
cinnamon rolls!
Danni, I thank you and the kids thank you.

16 comments:

Mim said...

Oh no, I have one of those cookie candles. It always makes my brother mad when he comes in and smells it and thinks there is something fresh baked only to realize it's the *#@^& candle. LOL

Joanna@BooneDocksWilcox said...

I know, I've been craving cinnamon rolls ever since I saw 'em on Danni's blog.

Oh, I see your new cat bags at ETSY, sooo cute.

frugalmom said...

Mmmmmm...this chocolate cake I just made is really yummy.

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

I hear ya, Michelle. You would not be happy here either. I have both an apple pie candle and a gingerbead candle, both by Yankee candle, and we all know how yummy they smell.
But usually when I get the whim to burn one, I also get hungry like you and have to bake. So for me the candles are motivation to bake yummy things...like your cinnamon rolls.

Enjoy!

~Rapunzle

Claire MW said...

Oh yummy! Where is my cinnamon roll?! Is that a different pattern of llama I see on your Etsy ad on your blog? That had better not be a different pattern, I can't afford to keep buying llama things all the time....every time anyone even mentions llama or burns a llama scented candle...(well, OK, maybe not that).

Egghead said...

I saw those at Danni's and now here....how can I keep from eating if I see all this stuff. yummy looking though.

CatHerder said...

OH NO.......now i have to make cinnamon rolls...i almost broke down and got a cinnabon at the mall yesterday but didnt.....now i may have to

Carla said...

Again, no invitation!
They look amazing. YUM!!

Danni said...

I absolutely *love* this about you, Michelle. It also makes you incredibly fun to mess with. Like, the other day, when I mentioned we were having fried rice for dinner and 20 minutes later you told me you were craving fried rice and soy sauce. Soup was the other thing...when I made homemade split pea soup. Wow, that was so good, btw...Mmmm...I added ham after all - just like you suggested. :-)

My word verification is: flutbu

Danni said...

Oh, did I tell you the incredible asparagus risotto I had the other day? Mmmmm....it was amazing!

frugalmom said...

MMMM...nothing like warm brownies right out of the oven with some ice cream on top.

Leasmom said...

I'm gonna make cinnamon rolls tomorrow morning now...that looks so good.

GreyWolf said...

Ok dang it. Now I am going to have to come out of hibernation and make cinnamon rolls too.

Amy said...

Those rolls look fantastic. Yer killin' me...

Kathryn and Ari said...

Oh, no! I have the same power of suggestion problem. I missed Dani's original post but now, just 10 minutes after dinner is complete, I'm desperate for a cinnamon roll!

Gone2theDawgs said...

I love anything cinnamon....and cinnamon rolls!? Yum!! I wish I could get away with just smelling them without wanting to eat the whole pan by myself!!