We are supposed to be getting temps in the 30's today and part of tomorrow!
Our winter has been extra cold (this is where I would normally add some crack about global warming, my @$$, but some are sensitive to that kind of humor so I won't).
Which means our fall woodpile...
...that was 2 rows deep...
...is now this. So sad.
Luckily we have some standing dead trees that we should be able to cut over the weekend, of course the temps are dropping back down by then.
I'm trying not to start belly aching about the winter since we have at least 2 or 3 months left, but I'm fighting a cold so my usual sunny disposition is hiding under a large pile of mucus.
I'm expecting guests Monday, so I have a lot to get ready. They will be staying a MONTH! More about that another day.

10 comments:
You'll have a mighty chilly finish to the winter if you are that low! That dog will make for a great bed warmer!
Nice guns baby!! ;)
Its cold here and they're saying next week it'll go from extremely cold to frigid. Just great!
A month! Wowsa! Only my kids stay that long when they visit. Good luck with that. Oh and our poor wood pile is dwindling down to nothing too. Bahhhh!
So funny - I saw the title "having a heat wave" and the picture of you with the woodpile, and without reading yet, I said "Gee, I want to go live there!" but then I realized, that wasn't a picture from today.
And I just want to say, I see what you're doing with this llama thing. Now you have pillows with baby llamas. You know, you KNOW that I am helpless to resist. Must wait for payday...
a month. a MONTH? yikes.
Thanks for the caring comment on my blog. I love your llama bags and am "hearting" them for when I get a few bucks ahead. Love your blog, Diana
Hang in there, Michelle. This period of time, wedged between the holidays and Spring, is like hump day Wednesday. We're all feeling like caged animals and experiencing S.A.D.
I hope you're feeling good about your month long visitors. I can't imagine anyone staying here for a month long visit.
You know what they say about guests and fish....
gah.
Hang in there. Thinking warm sunny thoughts for you.
((HUGS))
~Lisa
Ahhhhhh...ohhhhhhh....I see baby llamas. Cute little baby ones! Those are great, Michelle.
Okay, so even I dont stay over for a month. What gives?
Did you get so buff by stacking wood!? I should stack wood.
It's cute in your second picture---you dog acts like one of mine when the camera comes out, like they've done something wrong.
A whole month! I'll be prayin' for you.
Post a Comment