What have I been up to? Well thanks for asking.
I caught this small large mouth. Ok, that sentence makes sense to fishing people.
(hubbys hands, mine aren't that large)
I'm not sure what exactly this one is, it looks like a bluegill but has a very large mouth. Sort of like a rock bass but it doesn't have the red eye. I caught a couple more that were smaller but beggars cant be choosers right?
I had to go back and pick up the boy, so while I was away I let the girl use my pole and tackle.
AND THIS IS WHAT SHE CAUGHT!! The little shit.
A 22 1/2" striped bass. I guess the important thing is that we are slowly stocking the pond back up, not important which one of us does the catching. It sure would have been fun to reel this one in though. She was grinning from ear to ear when I showed back up. That's my girl!
Speaking of the girl, you all know how she likes to take my camera and surprise me with photos.

12 comments:
Congratulations on the bags. They look great.
The girl is quite the fisherlady!Good catch.
Mmm, your catch looked good too.
I used to have a troll collection a long long time ago.
I won't say how long, but a long long time ago.
Have a great day.
Pam
Woot woot! Michigan bags. Love those! You are just busting those things out, arent ya?
Your girl has that fishing thing all under control. Way to go, girlie! That was one big fish. Is it a you catch it you clean it policy?
First let me say HOLY CRAP!! Your Peeper scared the heck out of me! I had my laptop speakers on high :0
Love your bags, and your pond fish!!
Your machine looks like a Janome. That's what I have; I love it. I can't speak to fish; we have them in our pond but I'm not the one who deals with them. Actually the river otters really love them.
I think WV bags would be a much better use of blue an dgold, but since you got stuck with our no good ex-football coach, I guess I'll let it slide.
Awesome fish...your girl has skills!
Ha, nice troll. My daughter does that too. The fish was enormous, I'd love to have a stocked pond. We tried putting bait fish in one of the ponds last year and they did not even survive. :(
Yeah, you got a Michigan job! Maybe soon your stuff will be for sale on campus!
Thanks ga.farmwoman!
I wish I had been there to see her with that fish.
I didn't have trolls but a friend of mine did, all of my daughters collection came from garage sales.
frugalmom, I pulled a 9 hour day yesterday and finished them up! I beat my deadline.
We arent eating that big fish (not yet anyway) but it is swimming around in our pond now.
Sorry Angie, thats why I have instructions on the volume for it right at the top, thanks for the laugh though.
country girl, my machine is a Kenmore that I bought at Sears. I love it too, its funny how the right fit with a sewing machine can make you so happy.
warren, good thing I'm not big on college football cause I think your comment may have been intended as an insult. ;-)
I'll let my girl know what you said about her fish.
Country Girl, don't you love the surprise pics.
We hope we fixed the situation of the fish die out. I'm glad we don't have otters here, I want to eat the fish!
Joanna, thanks! These are going to a fundraising group for the cancer center as gifts for the participants.
Cool, on the bag job! I can't read the name on the bags---what does "M" stand for? Looks like Michigan state??
What happened with your pond that you had a fish die off? Looks like that big one was able to overcome whatever it was. Hooray for your fishergirl!
My son surprises me with pictures of himself on my cell phone. I love getting them.
You've got me beat girl, I only posted 4 times in April!! And the fish, oh girl, you know I'm jealous!! I still haven't been able to get out fishing yet this year. Btw, I got about a zillion comments on your bag these last few days. I'm gonna be handing out your info like a crazy woman!! ;)
Hi Ceecee, we live near Ann Arbor which is home to the University of Michigan campus.
Our pond was frozen over for 3 months and the fish didn't get any oxygen (we'd never had that happen before) The pond we caught these fish from is near my dads house, now they are happily swimming in our pond with an aerator that should fix the problem.
I love pics taken from our kiddos. Digital sure is a dream.
Farm mom, whoohoo, I win! This was my first time out fishing this year, it's private pond so I didn't have to purchase a license yet.
I'm sure glad I have friends like you modeling my bags and helping me get more sales, thanks!
Post a Comment