I have had the respiratory bug that has been going around for the past week. Sore throat, nasty cough, off and on fever.
Yesterday our furnace went out. We are out of firewood. Luckily the weather isn't so bad and I have a little space heater that has been keeping us close to 60*. I also have a man, you know I married him for his looks, but he is handy too and thinks he can fix it with a $56 part. I love him! We just have to wait it out for the part to arrive. A good excuse to bake and keep that oven on.
Speaking of baking, I usually bake bread with the easy bread recipe, but today I figured I could use a hand and got out the old bread machine.
So after hours of hearing it whirring, then smelling fresh bread baking, it beeped!
This is what it looks like when you forget to add the yeast.
This is what it looks like after you spend 10 minutes scraping it out of the pan.
Oh what the hell, I spread on the butter and ate some anyway.
*
Oh and my helpful farm dog rolled in something. Nice.
I have been in a sewing funk lately, but have been plugging away. Last week I finished the other slipcover for the chairs in my den.
Yesterday I made some more dog food bag bags.
In different sizes.
Today I was feeling slightly better or less puny so I whipped on my garden gloves...
(when you free motion quilt, they help make guiding the fabric easier)
Of all the pillows I've made and sold guess how many I have? ZERO. I am keeping one of these, they are just making me so happy!
*
Last week I went on a road trip with my Mom, Step dad and Sister down to Toledo. On the way back, my sis and I were in the back of their little PT Cruiser, my Step dad makes a U-Turn to show us this sign he caught out of the corner of his eye.

What the???
I have nothing more to say.

10 comments:
I'm sorry you're feeling icky.
Good thing you've got a warm hubby around who can also fix things. :)
I'd have eaten the bread, too. Butter makes everything taste better.
Took me a second to see what all the fuss was about in the last picture.
No euphemisms?? Mountain oysters, calf fries, etc. They just put it out there.
Did y'all stop? (giggle, snort)
Oh I hope your feeling better soon. Being run down is no good at all.
The bread pic and the last pic made me giggle. We've had bread turn out that way before also. And a Testicle Festival, sweet! Hahahaha. I haven't had Rocky Mountain Oysters in a long time!
You are so talented. I completely fell in love with your llama bag on Etsy!
As for the sign....!!!!!!
Quick!!! Tell Andrew Zimmermn of Bizarre Foods. He'd be ALL OVER that festival!
You have so got to go..and take photos Michelle!!!
Those chick pillows are adorable! Do you have some made on your Etsy??
I think I will place an order next week. I also have a whole bunch of chicken feed bags for you to (finally) make into bags for me (and some for you to keep, too).
Let me know if it's a good time for you.
Any shows coming up??
~Lisa
Good god you make a girl laugh!! And where and when is this festival? We've got to GO girl!!!!
I guess my question is whether there is a companion Ovary Festival in the summer?
Glad you're on the mend...speaking of that break you say you need, Jim gathered about 12 bags returnable bottles & cans and stuck them in the barn while I was gone. Those will add quite nicely to the travel fund, don't you think? ;-)
good luck getting over the crud, a month later, I still have remants of it.
CeeCee, thanks. I don't know what I'd do without him. Butter does make everything taste better, I pretty much eat anything anyway. (except for what they serve at festivals)
I know, I didn't know if it was a bunch of guys HANGING around or if it was some sort of food.
The festival was last month, but I was happy they left the sign up.
Erica, you are so sweet.
It's sad how many times I've done this, I guess I need to use that machine more.
I couldn't believe that sign!
Carolyn, your comment made my day!
I didn't have words for that sign.
Lisa, the sign said it was last month, and THERE IS NO WAY I'D EVER GO!
Thanks for the chick pillow love. I plan on making a bunch more for local and etsy sales.
Ooooh, chicken feed bags, I can't wait to get my hands on those! I really have a lot of work going on but then I get a lot of down time too, the beauty of working from home, so anytime is good for me.
No shows for awhile but I may do this Artisan Market on Sundays.
Farm mom, sorry we missed the festival, but you and I can go together next year! snirt ;-)
Farmgirl, you'd think right?
Wow Jim kept busy while you were away, I have bottle and can envy.
Oh poor Joanna, don't tell me that! I hope yours ends soon.
Great sign; did you follow the sign to see what was there? I love your pillows. I too use my garden gloves when I free motion quilt.
Hmmm....yeah, I have never met an oyster of any type that I felt compelled to eat...and a festival to boot? Not for me thanks!
Post a Comment