Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Tag you're it!

I've been tagged, my first one ever. By KB at apatchworkworld.blogspot.com/
Kind of exciting to be picked, like kickball selection. I have plenty of weird/random things about me to share.

1. My favorite thing ever is Fishing. I love to fish, I don't mind ripping the worm, using pliers to get a swallowed hook out or the sunburn that always gets you no matter how much sunblock you apply. I even keep a small rod and tackle box in my truck at all times because you never know when a good fishing spot may pop up. (lesson learned) I single handily stocked most of the fish in our pond (bass, and bluegill) from a deserted pond near my dads home.

2. In spite of being pretty athletic in my youth, I played soccer, softball, volleyball, and even lettered in track, I never got the presidential fitness award. I just could never pass the standing broad jump. I exceeded all other events, but could never pass that one. I tried so hard, year after year and thought it was unfair that one event could exclude you from the prize.

3.I have never had a manicure, or pedicure. I just figured why pay for what I could do myself. Also the thought of a stranger touching me that way gives me the creeps. A massage would send me over the edge.

4. My favorite book of all time is the Tightwad Gazette. I have read that book so many times it's practically memorized. I give Amy Dacyczyn sole credit for me being able to say home and raise my babies on one modest income. Frugality gives you so much power on how you choose to spend your money and live your life.

5. I don't kill spiders. I get a cup and paper, trap them and set them free.

6. I have strange bathroom dreams. They always have the same theme where I need to use the bathroom, but it's too dirty, people are watching or you have to go in some bizarre location like a hole in the floor. These dreams are common on my dads side of the family, my aunts take immense pleasure to know that our family heritage is carrying on. I have never talked to another person out of the fam who has these (please oh please leave a comment if you do). My hubbie thinks we are all weird.

7. I think I'm hysterical. I crack myself up all the time. It doesn't matter if anyone else laughs or not, I'm just out to entertain myself.


Now I need to tag others which is difficult since most of the blogs I read have already done this. There are a few bloggers I would like to know more about them, so here goes.

thelittleredhen.typepad.com/

chicago sarah from

chicagocrafts.blogspot.com/

farmgirl_dk from

critterfarmgirl.blogspot.com/

farmer julie

farmerjulie.blogspot.com/

Just list 7 weird/random things about yourself on your blog then pass it on.

4 comments:

farmerjulie said...

i will do this later tonight. thanks for taggin me.
i have those weird bathroom dreams too. wonder what all that is about! haha

kari and kijsa said...

love to read these! we are all about entertaining yourself!! Life should be filled with laughter!!

blessings,
kari & kijsa

Danni said...

Oh Michelle, Michelle...you've tagged me! My first ever. I will do this, I promise, but it may take me a few days. Things like this take a lot of thought for me!!

I had to laugh at your #'s 5, 6 & 7. I can totally relate:
- Spiders *always* get carried out of my house.
- OMG - I have recurring bathroom dreams, too!! (Perhaps we're related?!) In my dreams, the stall walls are always too low from the top and too short from the bottom and I'm horrified that people are going to see/watch me! Even worse, at times, then, they are overflowing and I can't find a clean one that isn't going to have me stepping, literally, in sh*%. What is UP with this?
- And, the part about being funny...yeah, I'm hysterically funny too. I'm not sure everyone agrees. I actually say quite frequently to my husband: "I don't think you think I'm nearly as funny as I do" :-)

But I really had to laugh at your bathroom one.

Danni said...

And so? How'd your husband respond to the fact that, really, since he doesn't have those recurring bathroom nightmares, he's the minority and, therefore, actually the "loony" one? :-)