For the record, we don't beat our dog. Doesn't he look pathetic?
I guess making him stay, draping fabric on him then expecting him to pose sweetly for the camera isn't his thing. Maybe the glowing eyes is what happens right before he springs for the jugular.

I do have an awesome dog. (I do realize I'm bragging) We have had great dogs over the years but he by far is the smartest, quickest to learn and just what our family needs in a dog.
We got him from an actual sheep farm, both his parents are working dogs.
Trying get chickens who don't want to go into their coop when you want them to can be the most frustrating thing. Not when you have a dog like T-Bone ( his face looks like a t-bone steak ) He sweeps behind them, and herds them in. He doesn't get impatient and start flailing his arms like a crazy woman. He just keeps at it one by one till the jobs done.
He is also a great guard dog. He's not big, around 50lbs, our last dog was 140. But one day while my daughter and i were out at the bus stop, this dirt bag looking character was walking buy, and T went over to check him out right at the edge of our property. This idiot lunges at our dog, I guess to try to intimidate him, jerk, T-Bone lunges at him, teeth barring, every hair on his back straight up (my daughter says "T looks like a dinosaur!) and scares the bajeebus out of the guy. So I tell the guy "that's not a smart thing to do" and told our pup what a good boy he was.
He loves to dive into the pond and swim. He'll pleasure swim for at least a half hour before getting out. He gives us "T-Bone taxi rides" if you grab his tail while he swims past and you float along behind.
He's a very well mannered pup while inside.
He does roll in the occasional stinky stuff, nobody's perfect, but since he's white you can usually see it before you smell it.
I can't brag enough about our pup. If you need a great working farm dog, that's family friendly, I'd recommend a border collie every time.



No comments:
Post a Comment