Saturday, March 15, 2008

All about the show

Wednesday morning I made 5 more book bags using my nervous energy.
(I didn't realize the photo was sideways until I loaded it)

I love the goldfish!
Lunchtime, I loaded the Monster Truck....

...all the way to the front.

I picked up the girl from her school and she helped me set up.

I never used my tent indoors before but since I hang up so many bags, it worked out well.

My tent "neighbors" were both retired couples and were so nice.

Now sales wise, it wasn't my best show, definitely not my worst.

The one thing I was most excited about selling was one of my art postcards.

The flower one on the bottom.

Only a $5 sale, but the gal said she was going to send it to her quilting mom and she can hang it up!

One of the booths had animals.

Wild Animals!

Isn't that the sweetest face ever!
This is an Eastern Screech owl. Full grown but his weight was only 3oz.


Some one found him on the side of the road and is totally blind.



He'd be posing sweetly but as soon as I took the picture, he'd swing his head.




Oh, it's just an opossum eating a banana.


We weren't allowed to touch it, my girl and I wanted to.

It was an "old" opossum at 3 1/2. She can only eat soft food due to lack of teeth. In the wild they rarely last more than a year.

She's ready for a nap.


There was a lot of dead time during both days during the Keynote Speakers, so I read, crocheted a washcloth and dabbled with some watercolors.

Even though I didn't sell a single "teacher" item, I feel it was a good show. But I am glad it's over, now I can finish my commission bag, and start working on some things I've been putting off. The nice thing is I got extra sewing in, my next show isn't till August so I won't have to sew as much during spring planting and summer fun. It was in the 50's the last 2 days so I know its on its way.

5 comments:

appalcart said...

I was hoping you had good sales at the show because I want you to be very financially successful at this. I'm depending on you to keep me in chicken bags. :-) Men never comment on by chick bag but the women always notice and compliment it.

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Wow! Your tent booth is so beautifully set up and so colorful and attractive.

Do you ever set up at Farmer's Markets? I bet you would do very well in that venue. Especially if you bring farm themed bags/items.

Another idea would be to advertise in farm/homesteading magazines.

I hate to bug you, but I'm still hoping you come up with a whimsical llama design. hint-hint

I liked that photo of the spinning head owl. Looks like he's a toy. haha

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

OH! And I almost forgot to mention that I am eyeing up your skull bag on your ETSY shop to give as a gift to one of my best friends.
She's in love with Dia De los Muertos.

Do you still have that bag from your "More Sewing" post? The middle bag with the man/woman skull people?

Also, wanted to know if you've got either of the bags on your "Whew" post: the butterfly bag or the purple flower bag (w/out the stripes)?

I have another friend in mind for either of those bags.

And if you have another chicken bag (or llama bag) I'd be eager to purchase it, too!

Mothers Day is coming up and I want to make my Mama friends feel special.

Your bags are gorgeous!

sugarcreekstuff said...

Thanks ladies,
Joanna, my chick bag gets a lot of attention too.
Twinville, our farmers market doesn't have any thing other than food, I have done our local artisan market, I find the weekly markets don't do as well sales wise because the people assume you'll be there all the time and there is no rush to buy. Also it's on Sunday which is my hubbies only day off and family time, plus it is such a pain to pack an load/unload everything (if I had a covered trailer maybe) and set up takes a couple hours and I don't want to work that hard on a weekly basis.
Once I get my commision bag done I plan on attempting a llama bag, ideas are swirling in my brain. Also more chicken bags, I do have some of those butterfly bags in various sizes as well as the purple flower. The skull couple is gone but I do have more skull fabric, what I make is never exacly the same but can make a new "couple". I'll sew like crazy this week and next and post what I make so you can preview it all.
This was long and I hope I answered everything.
Oh yea, you made my day with those comments.

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

All of your stuff is so beautiful and creative. But I'm guessing it's always a challenge figuring out what patterns/colors and designs are the most popular.

I'd love to see what you come up with when you try a llama bag. I'm excited! I also meant to tell you that I'm also very open to purchasing a horse patterned bag form you, too.

Being that I have and am in love with my chickens, goats and horses, any of those 'themes' would go well with me....and I will probably purchase more than one bag for me.....because I want to treat myself with something nice.
I haven't bought a new bag or purse for years. And I love the idea of it being a bag that noone else can just buy at the store.

Oh! And I want to buy that large pink skull bag for my friend. Can you hold it for me until a llama, chicken or horse bag is completed so I can combine shipping?