Friday, March 28, 2008

Spring Break???


Give me a break!



Wouldn't this be lovely if it were January.




Last year at this time I was starting to get my garden ready.


I guess I'll just have to daydream of warmer times.


When you see wild fires, tornados, and floods that others have been dealing with, I guess this isn't that bad.




I did start some tomatoes. When a family member has a party with these plastic containers, I "recycle them" into little atriums.





I wrapped the table because it's over a heat vent giving the little seeds a warm tushie.





The deer have been visiting again.







The kids have spring break starting tomorrow.

I'm hoping to get some projects done since
there wont be much computer time in my future.











Like finishing my quilt that I started last June. Yep, It's a fish. Yesterday I duct taped the 2 bottom layers to the floor and pinned it all together. Quilting and binding are next. I plan on spending a lot of time in the basement this week, its the kids hang out, so I may as well be productive. I'll have a quilt that I made from the scraps of the curtains I made two years ago. Do you think I put projects for me last?







Maybe it will warm up enough for me to clean out the coop.








Browine is testing out the porch pot for egg laying.


Here's to a nice spring break in spite of the weather you're dealt.

Our power went out right as i was finishing this. Good thing I didn't lose this post. All the things I need to do today require power. So I unplugged the critical stuff, built a fire and wandered around aimlessly looking for active things to do. Luckily it was only out about a half hour.

Never dull here.

6 comments:

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Brrrrrrr! I refuse to spend any time looking at that cold icy pond and ground! Yikes, Spring? I say not!

We are having some beautiful warm weather here, albeit a little bit gusty in the wind department.
But I can't even tempt fate and say the S**w word. Shhhh!
I'v been told by several neighbors and mountain friends that winter is not officially over up here until after April.
I just won't entertain the idea. I will NOT! Hmmph!

My bulbs just started coming up and lots of spring grass is growing here. Even my peach tree is growing fuzzy buds!
It's Spring, I tell you!! It is...

On another note, you've been busy, too. I love the atrium idea....recycling and useful! You rock!

ps, have you come up with any llama, chicken or horsie bags yet?
I didn't see the skull bag on your Etsy. I hope you're saving it for me?? please!

Yaroslavna said...

our spring break is done/ the kids are going to school on Mon/
Hoping for a change of weather for you (warm).
YOur dog is awesome!!

Kathryn and Ari said...

I love your tomato atriums. Just seeing them makes me believe there might be a spring out there somewhere. I hope it comes fast: we're down to some freezer-burned green beans, a bag or two of squash, and our omnipresent blueberries. Slim pickins' in freezer chest land!!

Anonymous said...

I hope your spring break is going well.
The photos are great.Love the deer ones. Do they bother your garden a lot?
I really like the idea of your tomato atriums. You'll be ready to set those out before you know it.
Have a great week!

magnusmog said...

We had a snowy easter and now have snow forecast for this weekend. But I spent this afternoon sitting in a sarong in my sun filled garden Something weird is going on ....:)

Danni said...

I have been meaning to comment on this post forEVER and I just hadn't gotten around to it, but your post from today showed a snippet of that tablecloth again, so I had to come back here and tell you: I have that EXACT same tablecloth that you have under your seedlings.
I feel so close to you right now. :-) :-)