Instead I....
Sewed a bag that I am donating to a local shop that has artists donate small works, auctions them off and the proceeds go to the local food gatherers.
Sewed a bag that I am donating to a local shop that has artists donate small works, auctions them off and the proceeds go to the local food gatherers. This will be my third year.

I started more bread for tonights dinner.

I washed some bags. Remember, I'm cheap.

Took one of my 9 day old chicks on a field trip.
Notice those fancy new wing feathers.

Planted potatoes.

The dog gave himself a bath.

Launched the boat. Yes, it was a curbside find. You didn't really think I spent money did you? It's a tad ugly and a bit leaky, but we have fun in it.

Added ham and cheese to bread dough, let it rise, then baked it into.....

Tonights dinner. The family loves it, it doesn't use much ham or cheese (frugal tip),
and with the added grains and a salad on the side, it makes for a tasty, healthy meal.
We have had such nice weather, I am sending good weather vibes to my blog friends in the pacific northwest, and wishing for less winds in the southwest.

10 comments:
Hey, that's me me me me!!! I'm one of those really cold gals in the Pacific Northwest who has been freezing her little assie off for WAY TOO FRICKIN' LONG. (jeez, i'm losing it, aren't i?) Today, thank the stars, it was waaay warmer...it actually got up to 46*...but it rained - torentially - all day. Nope, didn't stop once.
Love your potatoes...you planted way more than I did. What is that next to your rows? Sawdust?
Very sweet boat, your chick is adorable, and what a good dog, t-bone, for bathing yourself!
I love summer because our dog is able to give himself a bath, too. He loves to swim!
And the idea of the shop that sells donated goods is a great one.
What a wonderful day!!
You rock, girl! Well spent day.
Love the EarthDay bag. Is that pond in your backyard? That's great. Yes, you should be your strongest promoter of your work. Our weather in the NC Appalachians has been damp, chilly, and cloudy. Happy for all who are having sunshine. I've got some chicks soon to arrive from http://www.sandhillpreservation.com/ y'all check out there website if you haven't been there before.
Hooray! What a fabulous Earth Day--that's great!
One question: I'm a big bag-washer too, but I've heard that if you use them more than once or twice, they can leech chemicals. Have you heard anything about that?
Ok. I don't know where to start! I love all the photos and stories that go along with them.
I'm so tickled that you posted another whimsical row marker photo. That tater is just darling!
Your boat photo could be a greeting card. If I were you, I'd shade it black and white and frame it. You took a great photo.
All the food pics made me hungry. You are so talented, girlfriend!
And your bags are just simply amazing.
But my favorite photo is that sweet chick photo! Too cute!
Followed by your dog swimming. What a fun day!
Hey farmgirl- I hope your weather woes are over. I only planted a 5lb bag of potatoes which is more than I ever have before. They are supposedly a good storage kind, we'll see. On the left side was leaves, it is my asparagus patch and I covered it in the fall with load upon load of shredded leaves, hoping to suppress some of the weeds. The other side is wood chips(free). I made raised beds with permanent paths. I didn't want to buy a tiller, and this method makes it managable for little ol, me.
Kayla_d-It's great to have a swimming dog and a plus that he's white so the dirt or gross just rolled in streaks show up. I just dropped off my bag at the auction last night, it will be about a week before it gets loaded on their auction site, but I saw the other pieces of art then and you can get some wonderful pieces for not much $$.
Farm Mom- thanks for visiting and for making my day even better.
Ceecee- Thanks so much, I love having you sweet gals cheering for me.
Joanna- Thanks. The pond is actually in our front yard. My dad had a pond at his house and i spent the summers swimming and fishing and had to have one for me and my kids. My Hockey playing hubbie loves it too, especially in winter. I hope your weather turns soon. What kind of chicks are you getting? I went to tractor supply yesterday and had to resist getting any more. I have 25 coming in on Sunday, so I'll just have to wait.
Kathryn and ari-I hadn't heard of that one, now I'm worried. I hate throwing the buggers out when they have hardly been used, and I can't fit all the food containers into one lunch box. One more item on my worry list.
Twinville- You so sweet! I knew you'd like my potato. I have tons more to show you. All in due time.
Thanks for the props and idea on the boat photo. I'm am not known for my photo skills but I try.
I consider myself a tomboy but i love to cook, especially bake and also sew, it doesn't make sense but I am who I am.
I curious to see how those chicks will look when they are big.
When I work in the garden, T-bone roams looking for mice, gets hot and goes swimming, he'll be in for a half hour just crusing around. He's got it good, just like me.
I loved all the photos. My favorite is the boat one though. Twinville is right, it could be a postcard.
I was impressed you knew the fish was a carp on my blog this morning!
The biddy is so cute. They sure grow fast though.
T-bone looks like BoDog swimming around there.
Have a great weekend.
I had to come back. I thought I had put big fish instead of big carp. Still impressed though..lol... One of those mornings, you know?
Post a Comment