...for the kind of weather we had this weekend. Lucky for me I didn't have to. I worked outside most of the weekend and have a sunburned nose. Yay for sunburn! I have been waiting all winter for that.
More random ramblings. Will I ever stick to one topic? Probably not.

I finished the binding on my quilt, 6 hours of hand stitching later. I love it! Is it wrong to brag about something I made? I am just so happy with how it turned out. Quilty and artsy all in one. And it matches the curtains, not like the incredible hulk blanket we had on it. I'm not kidding.
When I was taking the picture, Buster popped up.

Then some feet.

I finally got the girl to stop and T-Bone popped up. I was cracking up.

This was the old mailbox I was telling you about.
Notice the sun roof.

The new one is up.

I had to add chickens. We only had black and blue oil based paints so my color palate was limited.

The kids helped me fence the garden. Rabbits can cause serious damage around here.

Hockey playing hubbie provided all the "fence posts".

The Bass were active in the pond...

...so was the dog fish.

This is why I gave up on my flowerbeds.

Hawkeye is getting a tan.

The birdcage on the porch that holds the citronella candles actually had a visitor of the bird kind.

Instead of helping it get out I had to grab the camera.
My excuse, I'm a blogger!
I have other things to share but will have to wait, this girl is tired.
Rain forecast all this week, I guess I'll have to work inside.

5 comments:
Ooooh! I love love love ALL the photos and your commentary too!
The quilt is really coming along and I loved how it seems to be a magical quilt with all sorts of funny creatures popping up behind it all the time. I bet you were giggling.
The chickens you painted were ADORABLE!! You are just so darn talented girlie!
How'd that beautiful bird get into your birdhouse? Did you have any food in there? Wow. Maybe she'he just thought it might make a good nest box?
I would have grabbed the camera first, too! hehe
So, how many hocket sticks does hubby have???? And how many did it take to finish the fence?
So, even your hubby is into recycling and re-using! Love it!
Thanks Twinville, That birdcage (freebie) has a small area that is wider to slide a bird seed holder in. Another bird had gotten in before, checked around and went right back out. This poor little birdie wasn't able to do that, maybe the big scarey lady with the camera had something to do with it. I don't want to use it as a real birdcage, I like the idea of the anti-mosquito candles being locked up so little visitors, human or not, won't knock them over or get burned.
My hubbie has been a Hockey player for years and broken sticks are common. Maybe we should buy stock. I used 13 for the garden. I don't know if I will ever have permanent fencing since my garden grows a bit larger each year.
And yes he is a scrounger too. One year he brought home the "dead" Easter Lillies that the girls at his work threw out, I was so excited that he thought of me. I planted them in the flower garden and they come up every year reminding me how well he knows me, free gifts/recycled that only take a bit of effort are my favorite.
Wow! You have really been busy. Love all the pictures. Feet and all. T.bone sure loves to swim, just like BoDog.
The bird in the bird cage was so pretty.He didn't seem to mind his visit either.
Enjoyed my visit.Thanks
Great job on the quilt! I love all your guest stars.
love the hens and the painted chickens :)
Post a Comment