Lookie at what I got for $8!
Chicken wire, tomato cages, 4 fishing poles, and a big chicken waterer.
I got the cigarette butt for free!
The lady wanted $4 for the waterer, I talked her down to $2.
Was it my awesome negotiating skills or......
.....did she feel sorry for me?
Jammie pants, no name brand crocs, and a happy Halloween t-shirt.
I have officially become one of those people who wear their jammies in public.
....Metal shelf for free!
It's ugly now but I am going to paint that baby up and you'll see what I treasure I really scored.
By this time T-Bone is tired of things being crammed around him, so we went home.
Then..
I love asparagus season!
So then I have to blog to you all, T-Bone, Ratface and the chickens don't care, so while I'm down loading photos, 7 of 30 shots were mine. Yep the girl got the camera again, so I'll include just a few for your viewing pleasure.

T-Bone going down the slide action shot.
You can't steal a camera without including many, many, many photos of Ratface (Rascal).
Ratface and his green mustache.
I also want to say thank you to Twinville at http://laughingorcaranch.blogspot.com/, Farm M0m at http://childreninthecorn.blogspot.com/ and Tabbyfactory for making this just just an amazing week for me business wise. I was so close to taking a giant step backwards and now I have the energy and motivation to keep moving forward. Thank you so much!

7 comments:
Bwahahahaha! On the jammie pants and H'Ween shirt while yard sale-ing!
If it had been my own yard sale,I would have felt sorry for ya and gave you whatever you wanted. hehe
But then, I'd probably be wearing my own jammy pants, too!
It's all about comfort, baby!
I'm happy to hear that your day got steadily better after the morning mishaps.
You got some great deals, and you made me laugh that you didn't remove the cig butt for the photo, but just included it for the blog. Hilarious!
And I can't wait to see what cool stuff you do with that metal shelf.
The girl took some really good pics, by the way. I enjoy seeing kid's perspectives in photos. They sometimes catch the most unique moments.
How long does it take for aspargus to grow for harvest. I'd love to grow them sometime, but I've read thet they can be sort of fickle to grow. So, I've been scared of trying them out.
I love eating them, though. Yummy!
I'm so glad that your business is getting a boost, too. I'd be happy to shout out to the world what an amazingly, creative crafter business-woman you are. You deserve it!
You rock!
I am glad it got better!
that little guinea pig is so, so funny!!!
have a fun weekend!
for making this just just an amazing week for me business wise
*******************************
Yeah, what did they get? what did they get?
Suggestion - I like unique pillow shams, you could make some nice ones.
twinvile-I wasn't going to stop and had to talk myself into it due to my clothes, I just thought, they don't know you, so I just acted like being in your jammies after 1pm at a garage sale was no big deal and I'm glad I did. Next time I am going to put on jeans no matter how crappy/crampy I'm feeling.
There was a lot of chain smoking going on and was amused at the cleverness of ashtray use. I do want to stress the people were EXTREMELY nice, I just had to poke a little fun.
I think the shelf will eventually go in the den with all my other cheap/free treasures and when it's done I'll post. It may take awhile.
I planted that asparagus 4 seasons ago, they say wait 3 years to eat but I have taken a little before. Find a good veg book that suits your growing conditions. Even though I lived in Arizona, I have only ever gardened in Michigan.
Thanks again for the props, I think I sew well but i know my business-woman skills are terrible.
Thanks for the sweet words Farmer Julie!
Joanna-Twinville blogged about her purchaces, Farmmom bought some as gifts so I don't want to chance anyone finding out too early, but you can always go to my etsy shop and see my sold items.
It's funny you mentioned pillow shams because that is next on my list of things to make as well as a few more ideas. Great minds.
Your welcome, and I'm glad we've encouraged you to continue, you really have tremendous skill and taste!! Cannot wait to show everyone what I got!! :)
I'm late to this party, but sooooo enjoyed the visual of you in your jammie pants outfit at the garage sale! What a fabulous laugh I had. If you'd made a trip to Wally World you would have come "Jammie Pants Outing" full circle. :)
Do show us how you put your creative magic into your finds!
Post a Comment