I someday, may pick a topic and just write about said topic. Not today.
I made a grand total of $63 at the garage sale. Considering it was all useless to me stuff, that was just gathering dust in the basement stuff, and the fact that my kids had soccer so I didn't even man the sale on Saturday, I consider it a success!
When I got home a package was waiting for me on the porch.
Lisa from twinville http://laughingorcaranch.blogspot.com/ had asked me to make her some bags, after seeing my dog food bag bag, out of some of her feed bags. Since i adore Lisa I said yes!
Lookie at what she sent.
Aren't these beautiful.
and more.
My girl who has a love for all thing puppies claimed this one.
Farmer Julie also ordered something from my etsy shop so I got to use my mailing station for the first time and am thrilled with it. Everything I needed in one spot. No running down to the basement, digging out supplies from under mountainous piles, none of that. I am proud of my smarticles in making this.
Speaking of Farmer Julie, http://farmerjulie.blogspot.com/ , so nice, one of the first few to leave comments on my blog. She's an artsy, chicken owning, big truck driving mom who made me feel not so freakish with my artsy, chicken owning, big truck driving ways.
She makes these beautiful ceramic pieces at her etsy shop http://farmerjulie.etsy.com/.
Speaking of etsy, I know for the economic stimulus check that we are supposed to be going to the mall, buying giant screen TVs and such, but I don't want to. I am going to take some of my $$ and shop on etsy or some other artist website. Not only do you get some one of a kind art, clothing, and more to choose from, you also are buying something from an American, in America. Not that i have anything against those poor Chinese people working for poor wages, but when you support an American artist or business, they in turn (hopefully) spend their income on food from a local farmer, eat at a local diner, shop at a local hardware store, and on and on. If you really want to help stimulate the economy, isn't that the way?
other weekend happenings
Trillium in bloom.
So is the Dogwood.
We call this Dogwood Lane.
This is my dish washing view, I have it good.
Chicken with Bleeding Heart.
Chicken with Sunflower Bag.
I fed worms to my favorite Bass.
Yes, I do realize that sounds weird but this fish likes to swim up and be fed.
(It's nest is on the left, the little gravel spot. click to enlarge)
And I weeded the lettuce and pea bed.
(hey Lisa, you get 2 this time)
You can enlarge to see the little pea faces.
Not bad for one weekend. I hope yours was good.

5 comments:
You really had a busy weekend! I love the feed bags too.
I haven't had any Partridge Rocks before. We still had another order to do soon, I am going to look into those.
That picture of your lettucue and pea patch makes me want to go weed mine now. Puts me to shame.lol..
You have a good day!
Sounds almost busy AND relaxing all at the same time. Love the bags that Lisa sent you. Can't believe feed came in them.
You are one busy lady. Glad to hear you had such a great weekend. And holy cow: who knew seed and feed bags could be so beautiful?!?!
First off....let me say "I adore you, too!"
The bags turned out great. And that Mailing Station is the bomb!You never cease to amaze me with your talents. And "Smarticles"?? You even speak creatively! hehe
And I like what you said about ways to stimulate the economy. I think you are 'right on', girlfriend!
Buying your handmade bags was important for me as well. I wanted to not only make my dear friend's Mother's Day very special, but also support a fellow Mother (and now, friend), too. Kind of the old 'two birds with one stone' thang! hehe
By the way, your chicken looks so much like one of my favorite Ameracauana girls, it's crazy! I keep thinking 'what is my hen doing at Michelle's house?' hehe
Your 'bleeding heart-chicken combo photo got me giggling. That's a cute sculpture, too. Something you bought a craft fair, garage sale, Etsy, or a gift...or you made it??!
Ok, and I am SO envious of your little Dogwood lane through the forest! I so want to follow that trail as it winds among the dogwoods. How far back does it go. Is the entire trail on your property? You lucky duck!
What a cool bass photo, too. I had no idea they could be so social for food. Do they lay eggs or have live birth? Do you stock your pond with fish, or were these already there?
Oh! And thanks for the garden stakes photo. Those adorable peas and lettuce (and all the other ones you've shared) just make me smile!
You should tell your family members to consider opening up an Etsy shop to sell them. They be kept very busy! hehe
ga.farmgirl-The catalog described the Partridge Rocks as "one of the best setters and broody hens" which I am hoping for. I would like for them to raise more chicks so I wont have to purchase more every year. Also since they are a heavy breed with a single comb, makes them hearty for this part of the country.
And I try to concentrate on one veggie bed each time I'm out otherwise the weeds seem too overwhelming. It is always a long tough battle each summer and the weeds always win.
ceecee-I know it must be a New Mexico thing because I have never seen such beautiful bags at our feed store.
Kathryn and Ari-The nice thing about weekend work, it is things we choose to work on since I try to get all the other work done during the week.
I wish they made other bags beautiful like they used be. I would love to have some flour sacks that are fabric but in new bright colors.
Twinville-It's true that I use my smarticles frequently. (I am cracking myself up right now)
I realize that we can get things from other countries so much cheaper, but at a huge cost to our economy and each other.
(I don't want you all to think it was a sales pitch to buy items from me. My Husband lets me know I am the worst saleperson on the planet, but that wasn't my intent.)
I do hope your friends like their bags. When I send things out, I hold my breath and hope that they do.
Was it the chicken in the photo with the sunflower bag? That one is Freckles. She is a beauty, I'm glad you have one like her.
My Stepmom bought me that metal chicken. Goofy and chickeny are so me, I love it.
Our property ends at the top of the hill. The Dogwoods were here when we bought the land. The nice thing is that my sister and her husband bought the 10 acres behind us and want to build there in a couple of years, also over that hill is a huge wild raspberry meadow, so many raspberries you wouldn't even believe it. Around the 4th of July we wear our jeans and long sleevs and go pickin'. Jams, pies, coffee cakes galore. I do feel like the luckiest woman. Michigan winters can be harsh but our summers more than make up for it.
The bass lay eggs. I pretty much stocked the pond myself. (a few came from others) There is this abandoned pond by my dads house filled with bass and bluegill only 2 miles from me. I love to fish, have a big cooler I filled with water and when I caught a few, I would SLOWLY drive home and let them go. I would pick fishing over any activity I do, even sewing! Go figure????
My mom and her hubby do sell some homemade things at craft shows, but I'll tell them what you said.
Post a Comment