Friday, June 6, 2008

Friday work tally

I did it. Just finished. Eleven new bags for the show. Nineteen new tissue packs.

I made a few other things.

Flannel pj pants for the boys birthday.

8 tissue packs for teachers.




A banner for my girlfriends tent at the ART FAIR.







This is the back side.





Yes I got a lot done but at what cost.

Now I like things clean but I would never be accused of being a neat freak. I have my share of clutter and dust bunnies and tend to clean my bathrooms only on a semi regular schedule or if company is coming over.

But this is getting ridiculous.





Like my dining area and kitchen?

How's about my sewing area?

I could show you more but I have to keep some of my pride.


Is that a garden amongst all the weeds?

Where's Waldo, around here we play where's Rhubarb?




Just try to find the onions and the beets in this mess.





I really am happy with my sewing progress. 30 bags and 50 tissue packs in three weeks. I know I won't be able to keep this pace. We have soccer tournaments tomorrow, rental house painting Sunday, I'm helping at the 6th grade celebration Monday and the kids last day of school is Tuesday.


The Ann Arbor Art Fair is a huge deal, I still can't believe I am going to be there.
Oh yea, I sold another bag on ETSY!

7 comments:

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Girlfriend! I have complete and utter respect and awe for you.

To show your home in all it's joyful and lived in array, you are one brave, confidant soul.

Your bags are so bright vibrant and alive, just as you seem to be.
All that darn housework and weeding is just going to bring you down.

I say do what brings you joy! Do it for as long as you can. Life is short....the mess will always be there, and life won't stop because it is. Live that fulfilling, exciting life of yours.
You are such an amazing artist and deserve to have your time in the sun.

I'm so excited for you!!!

frugalmom said...

Wow! You are making tons of stuff. I bet you sell it all!

Anonymous said...

That looks like my living area and garden too. We had so much going on and I was trying to sew my Georgia BullFrogs (in the dining room). Plus I blog too much. I am a recovering addicted blogger. My garden is looking better and we can find a clean dish now.
The bags and all look beautiful. Good job!

Kathryn and Ari said...

You are not a woman, you are a machine! Congrats on finishing all that hard work! I hope you find a fun reward for yourself soemtime soon.

Anonymous said...

Amazing work Michelle!! Very impressive and inspiring! (And the mess, oh yeah, I can relate.....without all the work accomplished too, btw!!!:)

Carla said...

Goodness, you've been working hard! Don't apologize for the state of your kitchen and work area. My place is cluttered all the time and there's never any beautiful art coming out of the mess. :)

sugarcreekstuff said...

Thanks you all for the positive vibes.

I figure if I show the good, I need to show the mess.

I do love sewing as my way of work, I just need to eventually find a good balance. AFTER the show.