There is a neat old tree with names carved in it.
Deer tracks every where.
Wildflowers galore. I have no idea what this is.
My siblings bring their campers but we usually bunk in the cabin with the Grandparents.
Luckily in the summer we don't need heat.
My brother builds a tepee and the kids take turns sleeping there.
The morning view, one morning was deer and another a wild turkey.
Frog catching, horseshoes and laughter are the main activities.
Saturday the kids put on skits up on the porch and my brother makes a crawdad boil. Spicy hot onions, sausage, potatoes, corn on the cob and crayfish caught from the pond.
Sunday means time to go.
It was a tighter squeeze on the way home but the pup loved being squished between his kids.
I always get nervous on the way home, wondering if my chickens are well.
Everyone was fine.
I had tons of peas to pick and 19 eggs! Those girls were busy.
Bandit and her two week old brood were happy to be let out.
"Any news Bratty?"
Yep, she is a mom of three!
I love vacations but i also love coming home.
Today I have to pack for the show and get everything ready for my family to survive without me. Tomorrow I set up and the show starts Wednesday.
10 am to 9 pm Wednesday through Friday, 10 to 6 on Saturday. They get 500,000 people through in four days, that's half a million! Help!!
If you happen to be in Ann Arbor for the art fair, stop by and say hi. I'll be at the Kings Courtyard off of Liberty street. I'll be the crazy woman selling bags with my best friend selling watercolor paintings, having a blast! Positive thinking.
Do me a favor and don't blog about anything interesting while I'm away.
I'll let you know all about it when I get back. Squeezes!

5 comments:
Beautiful photos! I love MI! :) And congrats on the new babies! Good luck at the show, I know you'll do really well. Take Care! :)
Oooh! I'm so envious, in a good way of your cabin vacation with family. Growing up we had some of those special vacations, too. YOur kids will always carry those wonderful memories. You all are so lucky to have such a close famiy who wants to keep those family get-togethers going.
I loved that photo of the drive on that dirt road up to the cabin. Made me want to get out and explore.
Also loved all the pics of the hiking, nature walks, flowers, and the funny blue teepee. Nice mood lighting inside, eh?
The tree with the 4 alien shaped bosoms gave me the willies, though. hahah!
Would have loved to see the rafting and yummy crawdad BBQ photos. Yum!
The pup sure had a wonderful time, too. I bet he fell asleep and napped for the next few days after you got home.
And what a great greeting when you arrived home. All those eggs, peas, and adorable chicks. Welcome Home!
And adios yet again!
Best of luck (but you won't need it) at the show this week. ANd have a blast and take tons of photos. Can't wait to read the details of your successful show!
Good luck at the show. Altho you dont really need it! Your works of art speak for themselves.
I believe that flower you can't identify is Spiderwort. At least, I have some in my yard, and that is what my neighbor tells me it is.
I saw your booth at Art Fair. Your work is truly stunning!
So great. Thanks for the trip photos: when I was growing up, we'd spend part of each summer in Michigan on the lake. I felt like I was right back there after reading your post.
Post a Comment