A woman in her pajamas was spotted taking pictures of the wildflowers surrounding her mailbox, the neighbors had no comment.
Some delicious spuds were unearthed and consumed by a local family.
Weeds have taken over gardens everywhere...
...in spite of that the green beans are about a week away from feeding the masses.
Giant Dill is popping up everywhere. Luckily it is a harmless giant, its only goal is to make homemade pickles taste better.
The bees are doing what bees do best...
...while the cukes just hang around and watch.
The local garden security officer chased a couple of teenage rabbits off the premises before any real damage was done.
A local woman bought her kids a new playstation.
Not the kind you plug in but the kind you plug up.
We were informed she did not win the lotto but used some of her earnings from a recent business adventure to thank her family for all their help.
She then was seen napping in a hammock.
This reporter has the inside scoop on major celebrity news.
This Monday actress Drew Barrymore will begin filming her latest picture in our little town.
Other actors include Ellen Page, Juliette Lewis, Marcia Gay Harden, Zoe Bell and Kristen Wigg.
It is a roller derby movie and the only extras they needed were very old people or teenagers with lots of piercings and tattoos.
This reporter did not fit any of those requirements, drats!
In other news...
sugarcreekstuff was paid a very big honor.

I would like to thank Children in the Corn http://childreninthecorn.blogspot.com/ for this Awesome Site Award, coming from you sure means a lot!
I would like to pass this Award along to some other sites I love.
Twinnville at http://laughingorcaranch.blogspot.com/ , I love her funny take on all things chicken, goat, sheep, llama, cat, dog, guinea pig, desert and family.
Ceecee over at http://undertexasskies.blogspot.com/ who likes to take photos of all things creepie crawlie and thinks I'm funny.
Frugalmom at http://everydayhappeningsofafrugalmom.blogspot.com/ for her frugal blog and also because she loves my llama bags.
ga_farmwoman at http://georgiafarmwoman.blogspot.com/ , her young dreamers stories are a wonderful read.
And last but not least
Danni over at http://critterfarmgirl.blogspot.com/ , for whom I wouldn't have even been able to accept this award (literally) if it wasn't for her help and computer knowledge. Thank you for helping this gal with practically no computer skill on more than one occasion and for your friendship.
Well that pretty much sums up the news in this little corner of the world.

8 comments:
Such a fun post and then...AWARDS...so cool!
I love that you go outside in your pajamas, too, and do things to make the neighbors wonder about you. This happens to me frequently. (Would anyone else like to confess to staying in their jammies way too long on some days? Hmmm, frugalmom?) :-) :-)
Love your story, *love* your fun pictures, and LOVE that we know each other. Thanks for the thanks. :-)
Jammies all day long, moi? I do love the hammock picture tho. That is pretty cool. And thanks for the award! How could one not love your llama bags? They are fabulous.
What? It's not normal to go feed the animals in the morning still in your jammies....or gather eggs throughout the day wearing a nightgown? Oh poo! It's still clothing, right? I pormise never to wear jammies in the grocery store, though :D
Michelle, You just had to sneak in that spud marker, didn't you? I love how it's being protected by the rusty, sharp pitchfork, as though it know's I'd probably snatch it right up if I walked by! haha
The kid's new Playstation (is that PS3 or PS4, by the way?) is way cooler than the electronic kind. Are the kids loving it, or what?
Your garden looks so lush and green. And I really like that angle you took of the dill. Great shot!
And, I'm honored that you like my blog, too and gave me such a cool award!
Thanks, girlfriend!
Lisa
Great reporting!
I let my chickens out in what passes for jammies, but would cause talk amongst early rising neighbors.
I went out this morning in a tank top and panties. I looked around for joggers (darn city people!) and made a mad dash for the coop.
A movie in your town! Cool! We have many of them each year, here in Austin. Just be chillin' if you see a celebrity and they'll respond better.
As for the award, like you, I have no idea how to bring it to my site. Thank you so much for the honor.
Congrats on the award! And thanks for the garden gossip: that's my very favorite kind. I really, really love your picture of the dill. It's lovely!
I loved the dill picture and Danni had to help me too on a computer question. What would we do without her?
I just wear sweats and T-shirt then you can go to the store in them.
Wow! You make MI sound so exciting!! :) And me? I'm in my jammies right now!! LOL! :) Glad you were able to accept your award after all!! :)
Sounds like my kind of place!
I didn't know about the filming... I guess I really don't get out much.
Yeah, I can be seen in my jammies every morning letting my chickens out too. It is a good thing the neighbors are not too close.
Post a Comment