Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Trying to shake the funk

This whole friendship fiasco has gotten me in a bit of a funk. Reading blogs helps, just not motivated to write much, forgive me please. I have been feeling so blah, I have taken a nap everyday since the Art Fair, twice on Sunday. Feeling not like myself.

Good news, I finished the mountain of laundry from our cabin trip and the week I was away.
I did some canning this morning.


I did a bit of sewing. That always helps.






I had bought some fabric panels last fall and finally brought one out to play with yesterday. (Picked veggies in the morn, then retreated from the heat to my cool basement)




The nice thing about the panels, the artwork is already there, no extra thought process. I just had to add the quilting.

Luckily I had enough thread color choices to make it work.

This bag is huge! Meant for traveling. It looks like a pillow could fit inside.

It can!

I used size 15 wooden knitting needles for the handles.

I need to make a few more new things for my show next weekend.

Quite a few skull bags sold at the last show, and I'm in need of a couple more llamas.

I'm off to the library with the kids.

7 comments:

frugalmom said...

At first, I thought it WAS a pillow. It is divine. I love it. Makes me think of cool, fall days. And I could so use one of those right now!

Wait tho....guess what I got in the mail that my husband will not let me open? He really is gonna make me wait. HOW Dare he? He hid it even. Now I cant even look and then re-wrap it!!!! A couple more weeks!!!

Danni said...

Oh man, emotional encounters can have that effect - I know this first-hand. I'm sorry you're having to go through this. But if it matters what I think, I think it's good you're taking care of yourself and listening to your body. If your body wants to nap, nap. Stress saps your health, so spoil yourself a bit. So says Dr. Danni. :-)
Also, it's absolutely appropriate that the thing frugalmom got in the mail has been hidden until the appropriate day. She needs to suck it up and quit whining. Tell her, Michelle! lol :-)

Anonymous said...

Love it! Wish I could sew. :(

Anonymous said...

Aw man! So sorry you're feeling funky....I hate it when I'm like that. Hope you feel better soon, my friend. And can I just say WOW! I wish I made such beautiful things while I was in a funk.

sugarcreekstuff said...

frugalmom, I could still make some pillows out of the rest of the panels but I think they would just be too big and end up on the floor.

How dare your husband make you wait till your Birthday! ;-) I sure hope it is worth the wait.


farmgirl_dk, I am so glad it isn't winter when I get in a funk for no reason, having my kids at home helps keep me happy. My girl cleaned the kitchen for me, and having friends like you sweet blog ladies is better way than getting my drunk on. ;-)


mo, thanks, I actually have very few talents but am glad sewing is one of them. I wouldn't know what to do with my fabric addiction.


farm mom, losing a lifelong friendship has sure been hard emotionally.
Sewing is therapy to me, so is having new friends. Thanks so much.

Carla said...

I'm so sorry your friend isn't willing to work it out. I know what it feels like to be sad enough to need to nap. It's just a relief from what's in your mind, if even for an hour or two. I'm hoping you'll begin to heal soon.
Your work is beautiful!! You have a gift. I can't sew a button on a shirt.
Hang in there. :)

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Oh, I just love the colors in that gorgeous fabric. With your amazing sewing/quilting talents you totally brought out that exquisite pattern. I'm always in awe of your craft and sewing abilities.

I'm so sorry your heart is still aching over the breakup of your friendship.
Girlfriend, I wish I could just go talk face-to-face with that gal and tell her what a huge thoughtless and selfish mistake she has made.

Sadly, all I can offer is a lame virtual 'hug'.

This is the part I don't like about blogging.
Finding out someone online that you really like is hurting, and not being able to do a thing to ease their pain :(

I'm so sorry.