Sunday, October 19, 2008

Weekend Funnies

We were invited to a bonfire party Saturday night by some good friends of ours. There is usually costumes worn by the hostess and kids (men are lame). Being that Halloween is 2 weeks away, and I am a huge procrastinator, which means we wont have costumes until Halloween Eve, or day. :-~

They were predicting a cold night, so Saturday after soccer I got a wild hair to make warm and funky hats.
I had the kids draw out their ideas.
This became...
...this.
We were calling it a brain sucker.

This became...


...this.
Such a cute "Bat Girl".
I winged mine and got Mad Cow.
The kids helped cutting out the parts to theirs and I made the boy sew on his own buttons.

We stayed warm and our hats got a lot of attention.
Chicken News.
There was a line for the porch pot.
Umm, not really enough room for two.


My girl has a website and she adopted a pup.
You can feed it dog biscuits, she got it flying which I thought was HYSTERICAL!

Strange things crack me up,
see what you think.

Is it just me?

8 comments:

Carla said...

Way cool hats!! I like that you let the kids design their own.
My hens will line up for the box and it makes me laugh---there's all this fussing like "Hurry up, hurry up, I can't hold it much longer!!"
I like that your dd has named her dog Butter Biscuit.

Anonymous said...

No it's not just you! Adore the hats you clever girl you, laughed upproriously at the chickens fighting for space in that pot, and oh so jealous of your "cold night"! :)

Gone2theDawgs said...

Those are some GREAT hats!!! Wish I had the knack for making one for myself!! :) I'd wear it everywhere!!

And no, it's definitely not just you!! Just watching that Vid made me start laughing, and then almost uncontrollably when I heard your laughter!! It's when you can't stop laughing that it gets to be tough!

My dogs came running in to see what the barking was. Love the name Butter Biscuit!! :)

frugalmom said...

I was doing just fine, I was. That is, until I heard you laughing like crazy....well, then I began to laugh....it wasnt good, I tell you.

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Yep, you're a wicky wack like me, Michelle! That flying pooch cracked me up! lol

And I got a HUGE smile from seeing your Mad Cow! Too cute and funny! :)

~Lisa

Kathryn and Ari said...

I want one of these hats! Seriously. Do you make them to order?

sugarcreekstuff said...

Thanks Ceecee, I think the kids liked them even more since they were their own design.
It's just like in the womans restroom.
My girl comes up with cool names, she just named our one meat rooster Bright Eyed and Breadstick??

Mo, thanks! I could hear your accent in this comment. ;-)

Wrensong farm, thanks for the hat love.
I'm glad you laughed at the vid. That pup flying by crunching that biscuit, too funny! My dog ignored the barking.

Frugalmom, I had tears streaming down my face. Just something about it.

Laughing Orca, wicky wack, I like that! I didn't start out making a cow, just a monster with horns, and when I was done, it looked like a cow.

Kathryn and Ari, Seriously? I'd love to make you one. e-mail me at, jmllbenton at comcast dot net
and we'll talk.

Country Girl said...

Love the hats!