Friday, December 19, 2008

Dreams really do come true.

The kids and I have been dreaming of a snow day since early December, today was the day!
It was perfect, we got to tack on one more day to our winter vacation.
We love snow.
I couldn't stand it and had to get out early and take a pic of the snowy house,
and the man on his tractor plowing the driveway.

and the snow covered coop and run.

Everything was covered with our 8" of snow!

Hubby went to work, they decided to close. Yay snow day!

The snow gives us all a good excuse to go outside.

To get firewood,

to play,

to plow again,

to make yellow snow,

see,

to scratch,

to snuggle with mama,

to nap,

to take pictures.

9 comments:

frugalmom said...

Really? Even on your mini log rack you have more wood than me.

We were out of school today, too. We had an ice day.

Joanna@BooneDocksWilcox said...

Yeah
Snow Day
Looks like y'all will have a white Christmas

Leasmom said...

Wow, they like being outside...the kids and the chickens. My daughter freaked out when she had to check the mail in snow-lol. And the chickens freak out in snow too. Nice pictures.

Anonymous said...

Yay! Snow day for you!! Whoohoo!! It feels like everyday is a snow day here lately, we've really been getting dumped on lately. Enjoy the weather!! :)

Country Girl said...

We are enjoying lots of snoe here in Maine too. Keep it coming!

Don said...

i have lots of firewood for the wood stove, but our visiting son is allergic to wood smoke!!

Oh well, the wood will be well-seasoned.

Yea for snow days. Did your kids do anything special the night before like a rain dance, I mean snow day dance?

sugarcreekstuff said...

frugalmom, we have been burning non-stop and our big pile from the summer is 2/3 gone. I'm not sure how I feel about an ice day, those can be bad.

Joanna, I love a white Christmas!

Hi Patrice Farmer (I still love that name!) We do like the snow, the chickens only go out because there isn't much in their run and under the coop.
These 0* days don't bring us out much.

farm mom, it took awhile for you to share the snow. Thanks!

Country Girl, I hope you have avoided the ice storms out your way.

Don, I have never heard of a wood smoke allergy, that stinks!
They do odd things like jammies inside out, a spoon under the pillow and flushing an ice cube???
Crazy.

Kathryn and Ari said...

Hooray! It looks beautiful there. And I LOVE the 'nap' picture. Happy holidays to you.

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

I'm happy that you're enjoying all your pretty snow.....just don't make snow ice cream with that yellow stuff....and stay warm and drink plenty of hot cocoa.

Happy Snow days!!

~Lisa
New Mexico