Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Merry Christmas Everyone!

I have exactly 52 minutes to be at my MILs for our Christmas celebration. I had to make time to send out good Christmas wishes to you all.
The only way I had time to post this was to DELEGATE! I normally don't, not that I'm a control freak, maybe sometimes, but I have a hard time asking for help. Not this year.
The kids decorated cookies, helped bake and clean. Hubby is doing dishes as I type, guaranteed nookie later me thinks.


I even had the girl take pictures of the things I made as gifts, before SHE wrapped them.



My niece wanted jammies and a matching pair for her American Girl doll.
$1.75 in flannel, a pack of boys white t-shirts, added a simple applique,
I couldn't find any newborn size t-shirts so I bought a tiny onesie, cut and hemmed the bottom, added a matching applique as the big one. So for less than $10, I have a gift she actually requested.



I made pillows for all the moms. Stepmom requested a "Hi Chick" pillow, my mom has Guineas and they had little ones this year, so I winged a Guinea Mom and baby pillow. My MIL just got a pillow declaring our love. The artist in me wasn't very creative at 7:00am.
Tomorrow we have a morning Christmas at my Dads, and we are hosting an afternoon party with my Mom . I have much more food to prepare and now I have 41 minutes till the party so I'd better go.
Oh yea, Great Grampa got out of the hospital this morning (he'd fallen) and he will be there tonight!
Sending love to you all,
Merry Christmas!



6 comments:

Joanna@BooneDocksWilcox said...

ANY GUINEA's
I don't have any guinea's but certainly have an appreciation for them. That pillow is just adorable. I suggest you make some guinea bags for sure. I want to be your agent. The SugarCreekStuff line will be bigger than Vera Bradley. :-)

Gone2theDawgs said...

Merry Christmas to all of you and yours! You rock as a "guinea designer"! Put me in line for a guinea pillow and/or bag!! Thanks for sharing your special Christmas gifts and the really special one of your Great Grampa being able to join you for your celebration!

Country Girl said...

I had to laugh about the rookie. Bribery is a wonderful thing. Wonderful presents and Merry Christmas to you!

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Gah! Your little squwaking chick scared me out of my percocet stupor......

Merry Christmas, Michelle!
It sounds like everything worked out perfectly and your entire family had much to celebrate.

I seems like Great Grandpa and I have a bit in common, though.....
I'm rea;;y lad he was able to come home and spend Christmas with his family, too.

Your pillows are so cute. I'm sure everyone loved them.

Merry Christmas My Friend!
~Lisa
New Mexico

Leasmom said...

Wow, if I only had your talent. Great gifts!

Amy said...

Oh gosh, what ADORABLE pillows! You are going to be a national sensation with those great pillows. And now you've added a guinea to your repertoire. Aren't you creative? I love buttons, BTW. I have jars of vintage buttons sitting around. Hey, I should dig them out and let them decorate the place, huh?

Let's see a turkey pillow!