I have a pretty large garden that I for the most part work myself. I love it, NEED it and spend just about every waking, good whether day out there as soon as the ground allows. My goal for my garden is to keep my family in fresh veggies most of the summer and into the fall only then do I put extra away. I didn't can much this season due to my busy (unplanned) show schedule. I was lucky to get invited to 2 extra art/craft shows last fall. I did freeze some surplus veggies though.
Not much is left, I have 1 bag of pea pods, 1 bag of beans and quite a bit of pesto left.
We love the pesto.
The chickens get most of our household food scraps but things they cant eat( potato skins, coffee grounds, onions, grapefruit rinds, etc...) go into the garden compost. I'm lucky that the Chickens make tons of treasure for the garden in their own special way.
I know what my show schedule for the year is so I'm planning ahead. This spring I plan on planting a little more produce for fresh and to put up for next winter.
And growing some more for the kids roadside stand.

1 comment:
Oh don't you just yearn for Spring!
We just got more snow today. wah!
Wish I lived closer to you, too. I'd be shopping at your adorable veggie stand!
Post a Comment