Bicycle! Bicycle!
I thought you'd like to come along on one of our rides.
Right out of our driveway is our first major hill.
At the top of the hill we encounter some dogs.
We are lucky with our tree lined ride.
When we hit blackberry lane we start the coasting race.
You have to pick up speed and can't pedal past this sign.
The girl always wins. I have come in a very close second, or a very far third.
We pass the old farmhouse I lived in until I was seven.
About a mile later, we stop in and visit my dad and step mom.
This is where the Jersey Giants live.
The girl grabbed the rooster...
...and plays with his waddles.
Then back on the road....
...and pass my brothers house..
...then stop at my sisters.
Can you guess what this is????
It's my freakishly bendy nephews chicken wings.
The boy's got talent!
Then I check out my sisters cute garden.
Back on the road, we pass another veggie garden...
...and a neat old farmhouse...
...and their chicken mailbox.
Two summers ago they took apart our quaint wooden 100 year old bridge and replaced it with this monstrosity. For our safety, right. We protested and held them off a few years but in the end, they won.
One consolation is they rebuilt the bridge and put it in a local park.
We ride over the monstrosity and see the train tracks below.
The final stretch is the down hill ride (remember our first hill). A nice way to end the ride.
...to our waiting pup.
"Hey T-Bone, are you sticking your tongue out at us?"
Maybe he wanted to go too.
Thanks for riding along.

Thanks for riding along.

8 comments:
Thanks for the nice bicycle ride! I am amazed at the size of that chicken (giant is right), and by your nephew's 'chicken wings.'
It's a pretty area you live in.
Thanks for the nice ride. Your place is so green! Good thing you ran into Basset Hounds instead of Greyhounds or you might have had a serious chase on your hands.
Love the pic of the Jersey Giants. Are they all as friendly as that monster roo?
What a gorgoues place you live at! So green, and you are so lucky to be near so much family too! :)
T-bone stays in the yard as y'all ride away? Beautiful route, and to have some much family around you must feel wonderful.
Been storming here in NC mtns all day, it will thunder and rain, sun will come out, then go back to thunder and rain. We run in and out.
The hair running down between those 'chicken wings' gave him away! hehe
Wow, he sure is flexible.
You are so lucky to be able to ride to so many of your family members. I was actually able to do that when I was a young child, too.
I didn't appreciate it back then, like I do now. We have no family living here with us in the same state even.
Those tree lined country roads just beckon to bike or walk. You are so lucky! I noticed your girl's bag, too, Which one is her favorite?
Have you ever considered designing bike bags, with velcro to attach to handle bars? Now that would be useful and cute, too!
And I love the long, winding, tree lined driveways of your family and your own farm. Everything looks so green and lush. I bet you just love where you live.
And those Jersey Giants! wow! I was quaking at the size of those spurs on that roo. yikes!
Thanks a bunch for sharing your beautiful bike ride.
What a wonderful ride. Felt like I was there without having to petal...
Great photos. and love that big rooster. He must not be the type to chase you around like some roosters I had before.
It is so nice to have your family so close by. That is something I miss when we moved out so far in the country.
Thanks for your help on the Etsy thing. It worked out good-so far.
Have a good week.
How fabulous! I envy you having so many family members so close. It must be nice to pop in on your bike to check in on folks (and their wonderful critters).
Hi pat- Thanks! That rooster is huge but not aggressive at all. My nephew cracks us up, he even will hold items between his shoulder blades.
Hi ceecee- Thanks, when my girlfriend moved here from AZ, she wondered how they got all the sprinkler systems through the woods. Funny!
I'm not sure on all Jersey Giants temperment. The girl cornered him to grab him, he didn't just hop up for a cuddle, although that would have been funny.
mo- I love our green state, it makes tolerating the winter easier just knowing whats coming next.
I didn't grow up near family so we are making up for lost time.
joanna- T-Bone sticks around the yard. When he was a pup we left him out one day and he went over to the neighbors barbeque party and played until we got home.
I love having family close by, I didn't mention we also pass one of my cousins' house and an aunt.
twinville- He can twist his feet weird, turn his thumbs around and
do this crazy toe thing. He loves the attention.
I only had family while visiting my dad for the summer growing up. Mom moved us out west after their divorce, when I graduated HS I moved back Home.
I love our bike route. The beauty makes the excercise worth while.
I have made my girl so many bags, they all have a dog fabric theme. She is pup crazy.
I haven't thought of bike bags, it's a good idea, lately I haven't had time for any bags at all.
We moved A LOT growing up, don't ask, and finally I feel like I have roots, my kids have roots, that is why I am so grateful for the life and place I'm at. i get to appreciate its beauty every day. I am a lucky gal.
My Dad used to have an evil rooster, this one is a dream, it doesn't attack my children.
ga farmgirl- Thanks, I wanted to take you all with me.
I took all the pics (except the rooster) while pedaling along so I was surprised they turned out well.
I like the fact that I don't have to shoo this rooster off with a shovel, like dads last one.
It is great hiving family close by. When you need them they are right there, I never had to hire a sitter, and my kids get to grow up with family around. Win win.
I am not very computer savvy so when I can actually help someone, it makes me feel so good.
kathryn and ari- Thanks, I am so thankful that we have so much family close by, my siblings and I all live on the same road. We didn't all grow up in the same house, we had no control as kids what went on and we changed all that, now our kids see each other all the time.
Thank you ladies for the sweet comments, I love you all!
Post a Comment