Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Home sweet Home


I have been so happy to be home this week.
I have only ran to town once to get scratch grains and to drop off library items.





I made salsa out of my 2nd and 3rd ripe tomatoes, 1 onion, 1 green pepper, and 1 jalapeno all from the garden. The salt, sugar and cider vinegar came from the store.




Blueberry coffee cake from the Betty Crocker Cookbook. The lemon glaze is delish.





We are getting ready for our Stay cation this weekend.
Like how mother and son are dressed up in their Pj pants?



Old Scout needed a good scrubbing.




"Do you have any Chicken News?"
"Why yes Freckles I do and thanks for asking."





Dot is wearing a French Beret.





The Dark Cornish have been out playing.




"Look at me Mom. Watch what I can do."








Wheeeee!



This breed looks prehistoric.



Ok, she looks cute.




Hamburg, our Silver Spangled Hamburg (free exotic) has been crowing quite a bit. He likes running around on those blue legs of his.




I am actually cleaning my house and I am caught up on laundry. Tomorrow I tackle the inside of the camper. I love being home.

8 comments:

Kathryn and Ari said...

Hey there-
LOVE the camper! I wish they still made them like that.

I just wanted to stop by and thank you for the perfectly lovely comment you left on "Out With Ari." It really warmed my heart!

Enjoy the Staycation. Are chickens allowed?

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

I love that you're home, too!

Dang! Is that a Velociraptor in your yard?! Looks like she wants to pounce on you.

That "Wheeee!" photo just made me giggle! Did you pose that or did that girl really climb up to the top of that slide down all on her own?
It's way cool, no matter what, though :)

And your Air Stream just rocks!
One of my dear friends has one, too. Except their nickname for it is "Spud".
Get it?

hehehe

Our pop-up camper is nowhere near as entertaining, ut it's our little home away from home...or home in the yard. haha!

Anonymous said...

Oh, seeing your dark cornish brings back memories. How are you enjoying them? And isn't being home just a wonderful thing when things have been hectic. Enjoy, my friend!! :)

sugarcreekstuff said...

Kathryn and ari, we love our camper. It is just the right size for 4 and it is unusual.

I love Ari and your blog so much, I know I will love the book as well.

Kids, dogs, chickens are allowed, we are really looking forward to this last summer hoorah.

Twinville, it's funny that I get to sleep in my own bed and not drive far for these shows, its just being away all day and not seeing my family as much is hard on me. I am a homebody and love it.

Those Dark Cornish aren't a cute a fuzzy breed. I hope it makes it easier on harvesting day. The chickens were all over that slide, monkey bars and up in the tree fort. I haven't hand fed any of them so they are actually nervous around me and won't let me touch them. I think because I named them all meat chickens might have something to do with it.

Our camper is an Avion but resemble an Airstreem, just not shiny though. I'll post about it soon. Pop up campers are better for towing around, and I love camping in the yard.

Just an update, we got coon #5 this morning. It was in the cage in the back fence. I wish they would just stay away.

Farm Mom, The Dark Cornish are an easy breed, they forage for a lot of their food and those huge legs are unbelievable. I am looking forward to how they taste since I have heard great things about the flavor.
I love being home so much, our next mini vacation is going to be right in our own front yard.

Carla said...

Really not fair of you to post pics of the blueberry coffee cake. ;)

Where are you going on your staycation?

L.O.V.E. jammie pants. I'm in them by 6pm during the winter. Hate when teenage girls wear them in public with slippers.

I've always said that the cornish breed looks prehistoric! They convince me that dinosaurs are related. Makes me feel like I'll be more able to kill them this fall when I purchase some chicks for Freezer Camp.

Anonymous said...

I too am a home bod and love those days just staying in pyjamas and getting stuff done! :)

Danni said...

This post just made me smile...a lot of your posts seem to do that. Your way of talking about, oh, this and that, is just so...engaging. Staycation....sounds lovely. We were finally able to move our trailer onto our property after having to have it in storage for 8 years! Loved the chicken pics - your hens are as funny as you are! :-)

sugarcreekstuff said...

ceecee, I don't like the pj pants in public either. Did they just leave them on or did they change into them?
I am going to have to steal the Freezer Camp expression, you are beyond funny!

Mo, my jammies are pretty much my uniform around here. I think I am lucky that my husband still finds me appealing.

Thanks farmgirl, you are so nice. It is the nice thing about country life, campers can stay in the yard and neighbors don't mind.