... but not a drop in my house.
Our well pump went out last evening, at least we hope it's just the pump. It went out before I did the dinner dishes, showered, filled the chickens water, pretty much everything.
Luckily we had camping jugs of water left over from the Staycation for hand washing and teeth brushing. I hoping hubbie can fix it today after work, if not, my dad is out of town and we are watching his cat, chickens and turkeys, so we can shower and refill jugs at his house. At least this is happening before school starts.
Here is the recipe for Lemon Bars I promised. I have been happy with many of the Land O Lakes recipes that are inside the box.
whoopsie, the pic isn't is clear as it was while I posted this.
Crust
1/3 c Land O Lakes butter, softened
1/3 c sugar
1 cup flour
Filling
3/4 c sugar
3 T all-purpose flour
1/2 t balomg powder
1/8 t salt
2 T lemon juice (I have a lot btw)
1 T lemon peel
2 eggs
powdered sugar
I'll shorten this since I don't feel like typing everything.
Oven 350, combine crust ingredients, beat medium speed till crumbly. Press in greased 8 or 9 inch square pan. Bake 15 mins or until edges are lightly brown.
Meanwhile, mix filling in same bowl, medium speed 1-2 minutes. Pour over hot crust. Continue baking 17-20 mins, top light brown. Sprinkle with Powdered sugar, cool cut.
Try to share with your family, easier said than done.
I picked up my sister in the little car and we went Garaging yesterday. Two days in a row, crazy!
Now plastic chairs do have a purpose in this world, light weight, easy to stack, but they end up looking ugly and they break easy. I found these two old beauties for $1 each. A little washing to get rid of the bird poop (free) , a little sanding and maybe a touch of paint and I'm in love.
Ignore the brown grass, maybe i should water it.
Speaking of sanding and paint, this was in a free pile. It spoke to me. My sister didn't think I'd be able to fit it in the little car. There is no law saying the trunk needs to be closed, right?
We have a roof over part of our back deck and envision it hanging there.
Now who needs a Chicken Piggy Bank? Not me, I have one, for just a quarter.
I found these binoculars in a beautiful case for $3.
Why do I need them?....
...for evening bird watching.
Hamburg has been attempting to roost in the trees.
Last evening we went and saw Iron Man at the Dollar Show and when we came home we discovered he convinced a friend it was a good idea.
Um yeah.
Hamburg is a small bird but how did the Dark Cornish get up there?
Hope you have a great weekend, I'm off to get some water.

9 comments:
Thanks for the recipe! My husband loves anything lemon...especially lemon meringue pie (blech), but he loves lemon bars, too.
Cool finds on the chairs and the chicky bank - you are garage-saler extraordinaire!
That's hilarious about your tree-roosting chickens - do you leave them there for the night or try, somehow, to bring them down? They looked pretty high up - good thing you had those binocs!
Ha! Love that first chicken pic---all you can see are the black one's feet.
Iron Man ((deep teenage-ish sigh)). I have a crush on Robert Downey, Jr.---Again. I had one in the 80's too. My poor hubby. :)
OOOOO....thanks for the recipe. I will have to try those. Lemons are a "staple" around here. My husband loves them. And anything I put them in, really!
I didnt realize that those bigger hens could fly so high. How do you get them down?
Some more great deals!
I have to say I'm impressed with your garaging skills. I used to be pretty good myself, but I have nipped it in the bud because we just don't need anything else around here for me to dust or clean! haha
But I am longing for that adorable chicken bank! Too cute.
My husband has an antique set of binoculars that his grandfather left him. They work awesome! But are achingly heavy to hold for too long.
Very funny seeing the roosting chickens so far up, too. Hey! Guess what? At least one of my two roos has started crowing recently. It's so cool. We just love it :)
Oh and thanks for passing along the lemon bar recipe, too. I used a Betty Croker recipe in the past and my lemon bars ended up not being very firm.
I look forward to trying this recipe soon....unless you just go ahead and invite me over for some of your delicious lemon bars instead :D hehe
Farmgirl, I hope your husband likes this recipe, I sure do.
I had been chasing Hamburg down from the tree before, but since it was a hot night and he had company, I left them up there. I have a long handled scrub brush for window washing to chase him down. They were up at least 15 feet, I didn't get to see exactly how they made it up that far.
Ceecee, that pic cracked me up too. Looks like bright yellow feet and legs stuck to the branch.
I was more of a Mel Gibson gal myself but i do have to say RDJ was pretty cute in this movie.
frugalmom, I'm a lemon fan too.
That was the first time one of those hens were up there, not quite sure how she did it. I left them up there and they flew down in the morning.
twinville, I have been way more choosy in my garage sale purchaces for that same reason, I do look for clothes for the kids mostly, but when I find the right treasure for the right price, it's mine!
I had never seen a chicken bank before, then again I don't get out much. I do love it.
Hamburg has been crowing for awhile now, early on he sounded like he was playing the kazoo. I just hope my neighbors don't mind.
You are welcome over anytime for lemon bars, give me notice and I'll start baking like crazy!
Wow. Life is always busy out there, huh? What a drag not to have water--I hope the well is well on its way to being fixed.
I love that you are "birdwatching" your chickens. I think that's fantastic!
Hope you get water again soon. I've been there, my friend. No fun at all!
So it's me and I'm back.
I remembered that you had posted a lemon bar recipe and I'm neeeeeding it right now.
But...what the heck is "balomg powder"? It's a secret ingredient, isn't it, that makes your bars SO much better than everybody elses!
ah ha ha ha
Whoopsies, I type without looking at the keys and apparently my placement of my right hand was just a bit off, lom instead of kin. That also must have been when my spell check was screwy. Stuff like this keeps me humble.
It's just regular old baking powder, but if you have any balomg powder, I hear that works good too. ;-)
Post a Comment