Monday, August 25, 2008

My Threes

We still have no water. Hubbie checked everything inside to make sure it wasn't an easy fix, then he checked the pump. Well golly gee they make them so the average dude who is handy can't fix it himself. They have this special tool that reaches 4 feet down into the well to get it out, do they sell this special tool? Nope.
So we had to wait until today to get the guy out, he could have come out over the weekend for an extra fee, um yeah, no.
So we have been showering and getting water from my dads house. I am so thankful for our pond, a trip out there with 2 watering cans allows me to flush our potties.
I have been heating water on the stove for some dish washing but most of the dishes are dirty, on the counter and starting to consume the table. It's a pain, I decided I don't want to be a pioneer woman.
Theres more.
While Hubbie and I ran to town for some scratch grains and some manly stuff, our Honda had some problems. The thingamajig that holds the wheel straight popped out. The tire was leaning at an angle. Swell.
Luckily we had a friend we saw at Tractor Supply nearby, ran my hubbie to Murray's to get a couple of hose clamps, my manly man put a temporary fix on it and got us home. I was holding my breath over every bump and turn.
One more thing.
I broke the vacuum, luckily my manly man can fix that too. I married him for his looks, it's just lucky for me that he's handy too! ;-)
So that's my 3 right? Nothing more.
Since I have that annoying trait of looking at the positives, here goes.
I already mentioned the pond, I NEED TO FLUSH.
Since I cant wash dishes, do laundry or vacuum, I am cleaning the garage. It is so embarrassingly bad, THERE WILL BE NO BEFORE PHOTOS.
My MIL made stuffed cabbage, she knows how I love them and brought some over last evening so I don't have to make dinner tonight! So not only did this woman birth out a gorgeous son (hee hee) , she is thoughtful too. Ok, I am cracking myself up now.



The chickens are still amusing me. How many do you see?









Hamburg convinced another friend to fly up. See the 3rd up on the left? I did shoo them down and put them away. I don't want to make it easy for the predators to get them. It also keeps Hammy from crowing too early and annoying the neighbors.




So if you kind ladies would cross your fingers for us, we hope to have water by the end of the day, and not to be forced into the poor house with this.

7 comments:

Carla said...

Uh Oh, is this the beginning of another round of 'stuff breaking' on all the blogs that visit each other?
I was over at Poor Richard's Almanac and stuff is breaking at their house.
I'm glad you were able to fix the Honda enough to get home safe and sound.
Can't help you with the well, ours has broken so many times and we always have to call the well people to fix it.
Vacuum--buy a new one, and make it a cheap one. After all my drama with breaking appliances over spring and summer, my lesson learned was to buy the cheap one. They all break in a couple years, no matter how much you pay for them.
Your naughty chicken! Teaching the others how to stay out all night.

Anonymous said...

Hmm....my hubby did it himself w/o any kind of special tool.....of course it took him days of backbreaking labor and nearly killed him.....so while you may be spending more $ to fix it than us.....it's probably the wiser choice! LOL! :)

frugalmom said...

Id say that you gave reached your quota of no good things happening!

But dont think for a minute that that means you still dont need those extra mirrors for your bike helmet....

Anonymous said...

We have those "threes" right regularly around here too.
It will all be fixed before you know it.
Too bad about not showing those before pics of the garage. What will we compare it to...lol..
You will have to post that stuffed cabbage recipe. Sounds good.
Hope things get all fixed. Those good looking handy man husbands are wonderful, aren't they?
Have a good rest of the week.
Pam

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Keeping fingers crossed, of course.
And a few prayers for sanity and patience said, too.

At least now you know that if the apocolypse does occur and the world goes to hell in a hand basket.....you know how to survive. No, you don't want to be a pioneer woman, but if you have to, you know you can.

And that says a lot.

I'm proud of you, my friend.

Or is that BFF? :)

~Lisa

goatgirl said...

The good thing is....just think how much you will appreciate water when it comes:)

Country Girl said...

It can only get better, right?
Good thing for the pond!