...you'll want to take my mom.
The kids and I brought water bottles, my mom showed up with a little red wagon. In the wagon was a cooler of water and iced tea. SHE ALSO BROUGHT CAKE!
Yes we ate cake while picking blueberries. It can't get much better than that.
The kids and I filled this giant bowl. 14 pounds in all.
I washed and packed nine 4 cup bags of berries for the freezer.
I made 2 blueberry pies and have about 3 cups left in the frige for eating fresh.
I love the blueberries.
I trapped raccoon #3 last night, I find it funny that the chickens are very curious when they see a coon in daylight.
Hubbie usually checks before going off to work, not today though. I called my dad to come over since I am not an expert with weapons. Thanks Dad.
Todays plans are finishing things for the show, loading the Monster Truck and picking and processing all that I can out of the garden since I won't be around the next couple of days.
Fun busy :-)

6 comments:
Eating cake whilst picking berries...I can so see you right now doing this! Now you will never want to pick berries any other way.
#1 question on my mind is what KIND of cake? Did the cake have FROSTING? Mmmmmmm....frosting....
Would your mom like to come to my house to pick blueberries tomorrow? I mean, since you'll be gone and all... :-)
Hey, good luck at the show - the bags look great!
Hooray for blueberries! We posted about them today, too. I love the fact that we can live so far away and still be on the same harvest cycle.
Yay! The coons are gone!! Si #3 the last one?? Silly chickens. I bet they were sticking their tongues out at those coons "Na, Na, Na, Boo, Boo, Stick your head in Doo Doo, Coon!!" :D
I can't even fathom what it must be like to have 36 cups of delicious blueberries bagged up in my freezer. Not to mention even the thought of blueberry pies, too!
You have way too many blueberries not to share, girlfriend.
Can I come over for some blueberry goodness? please????
Will your sweet mama serve me some with her lovely cake? :)
I love the skull bags and those blueberries look good too! ~Kim
Frugalmom, I told my mom that she has to bring cake everytime and she said sure! My mom has her moments but for the most part she is a keeper.
Farmgirl, no frosting. The cake is called a dissapearing cake, it has upteen sticks of butter, tons of brown sugar and this buttery, brownsugary mixed with coconut glaze that you bake on the top. It is one of the best cakes ever!
I will share my mom but I'm warning you do have to put up with hearing the same topic for the gazillinth time and pretend you are still interested.
Thanks I'll give a show update soon.
kathryn and ari, now that I'm home I'll have to check out your blueberry trip.
twinville, not the last coon. It is war now, they are messing with the wrong chickens.
I wish you lived closer, we could pick berries together, and eat cake, That amount of berries is actually small compared to usual. I love baking with them all winter and a bag or two will be turned into jam when I get a chance.
country girl, thanks for the bag and berry love!
Post a Comment