I forgot to release the trap from last night, I had to get my boy up and out early for High School Orientation. Yes I said High School, how did that happen? Any way...
He was actually quite calm about the whole thing.
When I went to the store last Friday they were all out of bottled lemon juice, today no lemon juice. Now I don't want to start a panic but the helpful man at the store said there was a bad lemon crop and they hadn't received lemon juice in over a month.
Ok, I need lemon juice for some jams, pies, that delish glaze on my blueberry coffee cake, tomato sauce for canning, not to mention lemon bars. What's a gal to do? I went to the frozen juice section, scrounged the bottom shelf, way in the back and found these overpriced boxed mini bottles. Did I want to spend $14 on 7 bottles of lemon juice today, no, but I don't know how long the shortage will be so i stocked up.
I'd like to introduce you to Whiffy the Skunk Dog.
Our pup has been camping all week in the tent with the kids. Last night he let himself out of the tent for a romp with a Skunk.
I have the anti skunk smelling gene (one of the few things I remember from Human Biology) and I passed it on to the kids, but we can smell him well enough and plan on bathing him later.
He is a very smart pup but I believe he does things like this to keep me humble.

10 comments:
Great Bargains! I love to buy clothes at lawn sales, people nearly give it away!
Our dog got skunked this summer too!
~Kim
Lemon shortage? Do they not realize this is canning season? I still have a ton of sauce to get done....If I run out....Im coming after yours!
Aaaaahhh, Lemon bars. I love them more than any dessert, except Death By Chocolate.
My aunt in California has a lemon tree and the lemons are so numerous they let many of them fall and rot on the ground! Can you even imagine?
The chicken caught in the trap is a riot! Good thing the chicken didn't get caught at the same time as a coon, though! Gah!
Good deals you got during your yard shopping. Those shoes are the bomb!
What is it about dogs that know when they're in trouble? That looks is priceless.
What is the anti-skunk smelling gene? Does this mean the skunk musk isn't overpoweringly horrific to you guys?
Hey, those shoes looked GREAT on the way to the mailbox. I wonder what they'll look like on a bike ride!
Do you have a decent lemon bar recipe? Mine always turn out all drippy and bizarre - not sure what's up with that. Cmon...BFF's share stuff like this all the time.
Yeah, lets see your lemon bar recipe. And then Twinville can help out with the lemon shortage and you and Danni can make the bars and then you guys can all share them. Just like BFF.
I tried your fresh pickle recipe. It was really good. I had to use a mix of pickling cukes and regular cukes. The picklers were by far much better. They held up their crispy texture. Yummy. Thanks for sharing that.
Country girl, I know, $8.75 for just the shoes would have been awesome.
Did your dog act ashamed too?
frugalmom, thats what I said. I stocked up on lemony goodness so I am prepared to share.
twinville, lemon bars/chocolate anything, it's a tough choice.
If I was your Aunt, I'd be making lemonade everyday.
2 chickens got caught together one day, the less dominant one was missing a lot of feathers. Poor thing.
Thanks for the shoe love,I have been wearing the shoes and love them!
ceecee, all I have to get is the tone and he look pathetic. Its funny.
Farmgirl, yep, I actually have to inhale deeply while others in the car are passing out to get the whiff of the dead shunk in the road. My kids are the same way when riding the bus and others notice skunk. I think it's our SUPER POWER. I smell all the other nasties in the world just fine.
I just may have to get a pic of my shoes on a bike.
The lemon bar recipe I use and always worked is the one from the inside of a Land o Lakes butter box. I'll post it soon.
frugalmom, I like how you think. It's nice to have a friend dripping with smarticles.
I'm glad you liked the pickle recipe, I love it with onions too but the girl doesn't.
Love the garage sale finds! You did great!!
The pizza looks great too, yummy. Now I'm hungry again, haha!
Okay, had to come back to tell you that I had to go to two different places to find Lemon Juice on Saturday. They were all sold out, nice. I thought of your post, haha!
Erica, thanks for stopping by twice. Thats why I wanted to give you all a heads up on the lemon shortage, I try to help where I can ;-)
Post a Comment