Tuesday, September 25, 2007

life

It was about a month ago, maybe more, that I was invited to be in this art show. I had plans on making about 20 new bags to go along with about 85 that I already have. It's a show in the same town as the August show I did, so I wanted to have lots of new stuff. I have only finished 12 new bags and one art quilt.

I did finish 2 commissioned bags the nicest woman ordered from my last show and is going to pick them up Saturday so that's good.

But what the heck, 14 bags in a month? With only 2 days to go I don't think I am going to make it. I feel a funk creeping in.

I am a stay at home mom with the usual family and home distractions, how do full time working moms do it? When I get ready for a show my whole house goes to hell. I manage to keep up with cooking and laundry but my house is a disaster. More funk creeping in.

Also my best friend since the 8th grade, the amazing watercolor artist (check out her stuff in my links), is supposed to be in the show next to me. She lives 4 hours away, we don't see each other often, and we have been wanting to do a show together for sooo long. She just called and her mom is having heart problems and will be having some procedures done on Wednesday and is not sure if she is going to make it to the show. Now don't get me wrong I want her mom to be better and healthy. But I also want her to be better and healthy for my own selfish reasons. I am such a bad person. Guilty funk creeping in.

Now the stupid, huge neighbor dog is over for the third time in a week bothering my chickens. My medium sized dog so far had done his best to chase him off but what if he kills some of them? I just took a head count and they are all here. I told my hubbie that I want a sling shot and some paint ball pellets for my birthday. That should send the owner a message to keep his wandering around, wizzing on everything, chasing chickens dog in his own yard. Maddening!

I need to think positive thoughts, I just have this tired, mad, sad, funk creeping in. I think I need to go outside and get a little sun and feel guilty while I'm out there because I'm not inside getting work done.

It does feel better venting to you, my poor hubbie can only take so much.

I went outside and my dog started going nuts again and ran down to the creek. I followed him and turned the corner and there was T-Bone humping that dog. And doing a mighty fine job of it I might add. I was laughing so hard I almost peed while waving a broom wildly over my head.
I feel a lot better. I'd better change out of my pj's to meet the bus.

No comments: