We don't know the lady on the left but she looks nice.
I have to tell you about my girlfriend. Fast friends since the 8th grade. In spite of never living in the same area or state for long, our friendship couldn't be stronger. I just feel so blessed to have a friend like her. She is hysterically funny, when we were young with young girl bladders, I don't remember a time when our pants weren't wet. She's also an amazing painter. Watercolor is a difficult medium. She was asked to donate a piece to the city of Charlevoix for their Venetian Art Festival last year. First of all what an honor in itself. So her work was on posters, t-shirts, everywhere. So then the original piece goes to auction. $10,000!!!! Can you believe it? She is very modest and would get embarrassed when I told that to people yesterday. (you can see some of her work on that little side linky thing).
Kelly's tent, her work won honorable mention!
Just spending the day(and previous evening) with my Best Friend is always going to be a great day. But a day where we get to meet the nicest people, people who were making you feel like you have this great talent, people who are throwing compliments and were so kind and funny, people who were buying both our work. I had my second best day sales wise. I was thrilled. Any day you get paid for making things, doing what you love, well how can you top that?
My tent and rear.
My family. Both my kids had soccer games. Hubbie handled that with no problems, he said they both played well. After the games they visited us and manned our tents while we grabbed sandwiches. They went home and my hubbie and daughter were fixing the radiator on our old tractor. Hubbie came up at closing time to bring the camera ( I knew I'd forget) and help get my tubs from the monster truck. So we got home a little after 7:00 to a hot meal of quiche, spaghetti and chicken chili. My daughter had heated all our leftovers, my son had set the table and my man had cleaned the kitchen.
I don't know what I did to deserve that kind of day but I sure am thankful.

No comments:
Post a Comment