Wednesday, November 14, 2007

I have horrible computer skills

It took me soooo looooong to get some pics from my new camera onto this post. I'm still not sure how I did it. My only professional computer work was back in the late 80's when I worked for an airline and I carried around this big folder with all of the computer codes in it. Black screen with green letters. Marriage and babies don't require much computer time. Now I get my 13 year old to help if I cant figure it out. Too bad he's at school.




Changing subjects. When my hubbie goes off hunting I usually do these big projects and plan months ahead of time. I do them while he's away for a few reasons. For one I don't want his opinion. If I tell him, he lacks my vision, can't picture it, and gets worried. A few years ago if I had told him I planned on painting our kitchen walls like blue jeans, he would have put a halt to it. So instead he gets home from a relaxing week of hunting, sees the kitchen and loves it. For two, the rest of the house can go to h3ll and as long as the clean up is done before he's home, then he's not inconvenienced. For three, the kids and I eat easy meals when we feel like it, not necessarily at dinner time so I can get more work done. I also like to surprise him.



This year I had my big show plus the 2 previous shows in the 2 months prior. So no big plan. I have been wanting to re-arrange the basement. It was a tv, couch, and heap of toys. I want it family friendly. I don't like sewing in my Hovel (previous post), we need a craft area other than the kitchen table. Here is what I've done so far.

Sewing space with bright walls and light!

Scrapbook supplies easy to get to.

Ignore the artwork to be hanged/hung? in the bottom right corner.

Plus a scrapbooking/craft/snack table! Look at that sunlight streaming in. The Simpsons pinball machine was too heavy to move so it's staying put.

That's it for now. I'll post more after I cute it up a bit.

2 comments:

Sarah Jackson said...

It's looking great so far! I love it.

farmerjulie said...

looking good!!!
you are motivating me!
take care!
julie