On Monday my son slammed the zipper pull of his coat in his locker door squeezing it just so as now it wouldn't fit on the zipper. My hubbie (very manly) tried to pry it open and the whole thing broke in two. Luckily its a coat with snaps as a smart back up plan so still use able. My mom called last night to tell me they are having a big sale at Kohl's and coats are 50% off. I luckily was in possession of an additional 15% off coupon so's I figure I may as well take my semi annual trip to check out the sitch. My sis wanted to go too, I love her.
I get to Kohl's and head on over to the Mens department. (My 13 year old son is bigger than me and it has been only since his birthday in June so I'm not used to it yet.) I pass the leather jobbies and go for the good winter coats with hoods (requested) and the cheapest coat is over $150. What the? Half off with another 15% tacked on equals still too much for a coat for a boy who sleds, shreds, and breaks zippers! So I find a Polly pocket set 40% off + coupon for a niece, a belt for my girl 50% off +, find my sis, throw her stuff on my tab so she can save too and get the heck out of there.
We hit the grocery store and head to Value World to look for a coat. Now I don't want you to harbor bad feelings toward my sister but she claims she doesn't like Value World. I don't know what is wrong with her, she is wonderful in every other way. So she follow's me in reluctantly. Well if my son was an 80 year old flamboyant man I may have been successful finding a coat for him today, but it just wasn't the case. The pickins were slim.
So we headed over to the linens.
I found this heavenly soft, beautiful pillowcase. Also about 2 yards of this candy stripe fabric.
I figured perfect for Holiday gift bags.
The true treasure is this apron. Well used (loved) and needs just a minor repair at the neck but oh so purdy. The photo doesn't do it justice. All three items for $2.23! Thrifty love.
My sister actually found one of those generic green aprons (like at Starbucks) that she ended up buying. No accounting for her taste but at least we aren't in competition for the same things. I'm just glad she found something and oohed at a couple other things. I may convert her yet!

No comments:
Post a Comment