Monday, November 12, 2007

Thanks

First of all thank you for the b-day wishes.






My hubbie bought me a new camera. Its a Fujifilm FINEPIX Z. I love it! Hot pink and about the size of a deck of cards. I wanted a small easy camera. It even takes movie clips and many other features that I may never learn. I am probably the second to the worst person as far as computer skills but I actually installed the disk and got this picture. I'm kind of proud.





















I did well at the show. I was worried ahead of time because Michigan is in a major economic slump right now. But I topped my sales from this show last year. Yay! And my hair actually looked kind of good. I don't spend much time on my hair and it shows.









The customers were so nice. One woman who bought one of my bag lady bags last year(they were wacky), came and bought my Bikini Model Skull bag and one of my Holiday bag lady bags with the poinsettia hair. I love repeat customers. She said she got so many compliments on her bag from last year. I also sold many tissue packs which I wasn't selling last year. I sold a lot of skull bags. It's funny, people either love them or they just don't get them and think I need therapy. One lady bought two! I had another lady grab one, call her sister gushing over it and her sis had her buy it for her. So nice!





I am not the best business woman out there. I hate the pushy hard core sales people. If you want my bag great! If its not for you that's fine too. I put a piece of me in each bag and I want it to go to just the right person. Yes I like money and could use the cash but that is not the reason I sew. I have been giving away home make goods for years and I'm trying to help my family financially now that my kids are getting older. Mom also needs her own interests.



So speaking of business woman, I took some I OWE YOU's. Some people thought I was nut's. One woman is a friend of the family and wanted 10 tissue packs, had no cash or check, so I told her to mail it me. One really nice lady was there with her teen granddaughter and only had plastic so I gave her a business card and told her to send it to me. She was there with bag in hand, the granddaughter loved it and I didn't want to mail it to her after I got a check. I don't know, I trust people that way, maybe I'm just lazy. It was a $15 bag and I haven't been hosed yet. Another was buying a bag, didn't have enough, so her friend was going to give it to her, I told her just to mail the difference and as I gave her my business card we found out she just lives on the next road over from me. So I have $80 floating out in the world going to eventually come my way. Do you think I'm nuts? I just get this euphoria at craft shows. Compliments and sweet ladies, I was also in a room where they were roasting almonds and the scent was intoxicating. Craft shows are just so much fun to be in, I am happy for days after.



I do have a lot of bags left so I'm going to load up the ol' etsy shop. I'm going to knock $5 off per bag since I don't have to pay much rent to sell there. It takes me awhile due to my poor computer skills and my house is in serious need of cleaning and organizing. I'm a hunting widow this week so I have extra time. It's funny how much time one man can require of you. (In spite of that we are deeply in love.)

I hope you all had a great weekend!

My next show isn't until March so I get a nice break over the Holidays.

2 comments:

KB said...

Your setup looks great! Congrats on surviving the show and selling stuff. I have two shows this month (one is a two day - right after Thanksgiving!)

farmerjulie said...

happy belated birthday!
congrats on your show! glad it went well!!
julie