My kids first soccer games of the season were today. They were both at 9am so I got the girl, Dad got the boy. We'll switch next time. The weather was perfect, the teams were evenly matched, my niece is on my daughters team, so I got to chat with my sis. I love the game and how the girls play. They are so polite compared to the boys, if someone gets injured they actually care if she's alright. They are also competitive which makes for an exciting game.
The kids and I then went to the local fair. For those of you who are a way better person than me, please stop reading at this point because I am going to be slightly snotty. FIFTEEN DOLLARS PER PERSON!! Am I the only one who think this is outrageous? $45 bucks just to get in. It includes rides but there are only about 10 that are age appropriate for my kids and I am the motion sickness queen so my entry was pure donation. The money is obviously not going to the carnie group dental plan.
For those of you who are a way better person than me, you can resume reading now. We had a nice time. I love the craft section so we went there first. I saw a rag rug entered by a gal I taught to make them. She won a second place ribbon! We saw the farm animals, sweet horses with the velvety noses, goats, pigs, llamas, bunnies, and then the chickens. Some of those don't even remotely look like chickens! Some looked more like a road runner than a chicken.
My kids like all the rides, even the spinny ones. We only saw one kid vomit, close up, but we did see remnants of vomit past. We made a small donation to the rip off games fund but I felt it taught my kids a valuable lesson, at my expence, on how the prizes hanging up aren't the prizes you win. They always have that little bucket hidden behind the counter. I did warn them ahead of time but they never believe penny pinchy mom.
We went home, made burgers on the grill, and I fell asleep for an hour and a half on the couch. I am definately middle aged. I hope you all had a great Saturday as well.
Saturday, September 8, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
what in the world has "better" got to do with outrageous prices". Because a person ha money to 'blow', do you think that makes them better than you? Silly girl. It makes me think they may be stupid to splurge on overpriced things. Better to me is one who knows the value of hard earned mney.
My comment above is in reference to your post back at the beginning of your blog - Soccer's in the title. Okay?
Post a Comment