Friday, October 12, 2007

Butterfly

Before the concert last night, my son was running a low grade fever due to immunizations he received Wednesday night, but these concerts are mandatory and he said he felt well enough to play. So while we were getting set to go there was a Butterfly on our front porch, half frozen. So I picked it up, took it inside and sat it on a vase of Zinnias I picked from our garden.

The butterfly hadn't moved much all night and this morning my daughter thought it was dead. I explained how butterfly's don't live long and I'm sure it was thankful to have a warm house and a nice flower to sit on for its last place. Well the butterfly's leg moved when I tapped it, so I put a little sugar water on the flower, got my daughter on the bus. My son slept in, I made home made chicken soup using some veggies from the garden.





We mainly have just been hanging out, we played jenga, watched a movie, he won a bid on EBay. So I start to make Chicken and Dumplings for dinner and I cant find this Butterfly anywhere. Not in the flowers or on or around the table. You think we would have noticed a butterfly flitting around.

I know my story is a little anti-climatic. It's just a sick kid at home kind of day with a little twist.

No comments: